cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just realized I don't see my capital one card anywhere on my credit report !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized I don't see my capital one card anywhere on my credit report !

I've been checking my credit reports from all 3 CRA's and it just dawned on me that I don't see Capital One ANYWHERE. Do they use a different name on the credit reports ? I don't see anything that resembles it. The account has been opened for about 3 years now and it's an account in good standing. I just recenly got a CLI as well after asking for it (yesterday as a matter of fact). What should I do ?? update...this is a business visa that I opened with my ex-wife back in 2005. I could have sworn it was a joint account. I mean, I log onto the account and when I log on, it has my name showing, my contact information, but again..it shows NOWHERE on all three credit reports. I remember her screwing me over when she asked for a divorce and she went crazy with one of my credit cards...real crazy. If I have no ties to this card, I wonder if I should rack it up and return the favor. lol But seriousely....does cap one make mistakes like this or is the more likely scenario that of me not being responsible for the card.

OK...just called Capital one and they show only me under the account according to my SS#. The foreign rep I spoke to on the phone states that Capital one only reports to the CRA's if payment is more than 30 days late. I tried to explain to her that regardless of whether or not you are current on your payments, a credit card always reports on your credit report. She thinks otherwise. Anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks

Message Edited by firstinlastout on 06-21-2008 12:24 PM

Message Edited by firstinlastout on 06-21-2008 01:06 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
voidman
Established Contributor

Re: I just realized I don't see my capital one card anywhere on my credit report !

Well,

I will either close or sock drawer it, unless you want to use that credit.
-void
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just realized I don't see my capital one card anywhere on my credit report !

I just called capital one again and spoke to someone in the U.S. this time. I told her that none of the 3 CRA's are showing the capital one account and she told me that I would have to send them a letter asking that it report. Very strange though. I wonder if I went delinquent on it if it would report ? The other questions is do I go ahead and write that letter ? My average age of my credit score history according to myfico.com is 13 years. I have many closed accounts and some open obviousely. I wonder if this would hurt or help my score by suddenly adding it. Hmmmmm. Like I said before, this capital one account is 3 years old and in good standing with a 2k credit limit.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would hurt your age somewhat, but may help when some of your closed accounts fall off. If you have 4 open revolvers or less I think it would help you to get it to report. You never know when you will need another tradeline in good standing on your report.
Message 4 of 6
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I would call the CA. Explain the sistuation to them and see what advise they can offer... It dosen't make sence , they'll only report the bad but not the good.

Good luck on this and keep us posted. I also have a C-one card so I'm interested to see what happens
Message 5 of 6
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Call back but use the backdoor number.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.