cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just realized I have too many credit cards Doh !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized I have too many credit cards Doh !

10 credit cards : 

Citi Double Cash 1k,

CSP 5k

,Chase United 5k 

BOFA Cash 4.5k 

Discover it 1k

Chase Slate 2k 

Chase Freedom 1k 

Hilton Amex 3k

U.S. Airways 7.5k
amazon store $500

might chop slate after paying off the BT , and amazon , chase united Might be in the  chopping block too but with those chase cards I plan on consolidating Cl into CSP and freedom !  On the other hand I might get married this year , wedding or not , a honeymoon is still a good amount of spend (at least 5k I'm guessing) so closing cc's might hurt , what would you do ! The slate is kind of useless to me , so will be amazon ! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: I just realized I have too many credit cards Doh !

Better start opening new cards for those 50k bonus mile promos for your honeymoon! Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

Better start opening new cards for those 50k bonus mile promos for your honeymoon! Smiley Tongue

I did!!!!! I got the Us air card .... I have a united explorer as wel with 30k miles I havnt used just yet !!! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mikelo22 wrote:

I did!!!!! I got the Us air card .... I have a united explorer as wel with 30k miles I havnt used just yet !!! 

You need to SM Chase to get 50K mile bonus applied instead. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

10 credit cards : 

Citi Double Cash 1k,

CSP 5k

,Chase United 5k 

BOFA Cash 4.5k 

Discover it 1k

Chase Slate 2k 

Chase Freedom 1k 

Hilton Amex 3k

U.S. Airways 7.5k
amazon store $500

might chop slate after paying off the BT , and amazon , chase united Might be in the  chopping block too but with those chase cards I plan on consolidating Cl into CSP and freedom !  On the other hand I might get married this year , wedding or not , a honeymoon is still a good amount of spend (at least 5k I'm guessing) so closing cc's might hurt , what would you do ! The slate is kind of useless to me , so will be amazon ! 

Depends on when you opened these cards. Actually it doesn't really depend on that. At this point the damage is done, so I would only close cards that have an AF which you do not have a use for. If you think you would want another chase card in the future then I would get rid of the slate if it is no longer useful (transfer your CL first to your freedom). The amazon card isn't hurting you but with a $500 limit I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to get rid of it! Just let the other accounts all age so you can use the limits for overall util. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 7
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

What is your Slate APR?

I am keeping mine for the 12.99%. 

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what would you do !

Doesn't really matter as my priorities and goals aren't necessarily the same as yours.  However, if you have specific questions I can certainly try to answer them.  If you anticipate $5K+ spend keep in mind the general guidelines with utilization -- i.e. try to stay under 30%.

Use this thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky to help you in your decision making.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=117125&jump=true

@Anonymous wrote:

The slate is kind of useless to me

Transfer its limit to another Chase card.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.