cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just sent an email to the Cap One Executive Office - wish me luck!

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

I just sent an email to the Cap One Executive Office - wish me luck!

I have a Capital One, No-AF Platinum card.  It has a CL of $2750. I dont really need a CLI as I dont max out the card, but I would like a product change so I can get some type of reward for spending money.

I just emailed the CEO to see if they'll do anything.

I'd like the VentureOne card since I already have two cash back cards but I guess I'd settle for another cash back credit card.

I live outside of the US so this might become my primary card since there are no foreign transaction fees. Otherwise, I'll just stick with using my local (country's) credit card.

I just got apped for a few new accounts so I'm really only interested in a product change as I dont want my AAoA to drop nor do I want my other creditors to freak out about me shopping around for more credit.

Wish me luck!

p.s. I found the CEO's email by doing a simple Google search. I love my fico forum family, but I'm not going to post or pm the email address as it really does only take all but 15 seconds to find (maybe 10 if you have a fast computer).  Not mean spirited, just a bit of motivation. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Re: I just sent an email to the Cap One Executive Office - wish me luck!

A week later here is what happened:

A day after sending the email I received a phone call from a very nice man at the Capital One Executive Offices.  He brought up my account and mentioned what my options were.

What I wanted was to have my No-AF Platinum card product changed to a Venture Card. 

I was told that this was impossible and that I would have to apply for a new card.

He did offer to enroll my card in a rewards program where I would earn 1 point per dollar spent that can be used towards travel (Venture is 2:1 and Venture One is 1.25:1).

I agreed since my other Cap One card is already a No-Hassle Cash Rewards card.

I didn't ask for a credit limit increase because I don't plan to focus my spending On a credit card that probably won't grow (current limit is $2,750).

I was going to use this as my go to no, forex fees card but I'm still not exactly impressed with the product I compromised for so I'll still be on the lookout for a better card.

I'm rather insulted that they refused to lower my APR (24.9%).

Oh well, better than getting nothing for spending.

Message 2 of 8
lanc
Regular Contributor

You could've converted you no hassles to venture.  Also, you could look into Discover escape.  It offers the same benefits as the venture and you can use the 2x points on amazon as well as travel.  If you find amazons link you'll get a 75 statement credit and the 1000points/month for 25 months (offsetting the 60 annual fee).

Message 3 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I don't like capital one.

LOL... I have that email but haven't sent the CEO an email yet LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 8
charyot77
Regular Contributor

@lanc wrote:

You could've converted you no hassles to venture.  Also, you could look into Discover escape.  It offers the same benefits as the venture and you can use the 2x points on amazon as well as travel.  If you find amazons link you'll get a 75 statement credit and the 1000points/month for 25 months (offsetting the 60 annual fee).

I thought about that, but then I would still have a Cap One card that gave me no rewards.

That's good to know about the discover. I'm not sure if they have great acceptance overseas though.

I think I'll be looking at getting a Chase Sapphire Preferred in the new year.  I dont mind paying an annual fee as long as its a good product.

Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I don't like capital one.

LOL... I have that email but haven't sent the CEO an email yet LOL

Umm, whats the hold up????

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

http://gethuman.com/email/Capital-One-Credit-Card/

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.