Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting US-based CSRs....

tag
H4LO
Established Contributor

Re: I keep getting US-based CSRs....

As long as I get a CSR that is able to fix my issue, I don't care where they're from.

Even US reps are bad, reading from books etc etc. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 11 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@H4LO wrote:

As long as I get a CSR that is able to fix my issue, I don't care where they're from.

Even US reps are bad, reading from books etc etc. 

+1

I rarely need to call any of my CC issuers for anything.  For those few instances that I've had to, the issue (or general question) was taken care of by whoever took the call, regardless of geographical location.

Message 12 of 18
nyancat
Established Contributor

Capital One absolutely discriminates between tiers. Every complaint I've ever heard about their customer service has been their sub/near-prime segment. They treat me better than anyone else, they're just awesome to work with. 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 13 of 18
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Who said my post was targeting ethnic groups? I was sharing an anecdotal real world experience that most on here probably never have, or never will. The chastising could have been handled via PM as well. Facts are facts. If I hated Indians, why on earth would I have gone to India in the first place. It wasn't forced on me. Great way to influence a myfico member to leave the boards for good.  Time to cancel myfico credit monitoring.

Message 14 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@USF813 wrote:

Who said my post was targeting ethnic groups? I was sharing an anecdotal real world experience that most on here probably never have, or never will. The chastising could have been handled via PM as well. Facts are facts. If I hated Indians, why on earth would I have gone to India in the first place. It wasn't forced on me. Great way to influence a myfico member to leave the boards for good.  Time to cancel myfico credit monitoring.

Hi

I don't think Lexie or anyone else was pointing to you at all. I think she was reminding us all to be careful on how we all communicate our messages.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@USF813

If you were referring to my post, it was not targeted at you. It was a reminder to what is and isn't acceptable.
If you feel I was addressing you, you are mistaken.
And if you felt that way, even if it was not intentional - I apologize.

Lexie, Moderator.
Message 16 of 18
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

They do discriminate, as you say.  I have a Signature and two other cards with them.  The two other are lower tier cards and when I call and put in my lower tier card I get foreign CSRs who read a scripted answer.  (Poorly I might add, especially if the question doesn't match the answer.)

When I call and input my Signature card number I get US based service.  They actually told me this would happen, I mean they really directly told me I would get US based customer service for that account.  (It didn't occur to them that they should switch the other accounts to being prime too.  I guess they like me chattingon here about their issues!)  It is night and day, or rather night and dusk - it is Capone!)

I did get a callback today about my Signature card initial reward, which was a bit different for them.  Usually I just get a response saying they will take care of the problem and then don't hear from them again.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 17 of 18
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@USF813 wrote:
In 2007 I worked at my companies India call center (one of three), training new CSAs. Three years later it and one other was closed. We also have a call center in Moscow and Singapore, but the "Indian stigma" was one of the factors in closing them. Americans just don't want to talk to Indians. Ironically, our Singapore call center is amongst our better producing and least complained about locations.

I don't have much stigma about talking to people in Indiana.  Oh you said India.  (Just a little joke there.)

In the case of GE, I prefer India!  I tried to get a CLI on my account with them from their Atlanta credit solutions dept.  I got India a few times and simply called back.  Every time I got Atlanta I got a rude person.  Seriously, I got this one lady about 5 times and every time she was just simply rude.  She even told others in her dept. that I was calling and that I was causing a problem.  Yeah, she used Ax, Axing, not Ask, Asking!  (I am not racist, I just hate when people abuse the English language and behave poorly!)  Finally, I just settled for Indiana, I mean India and got extremely good service.  I will take India any day over Atlanta.  (Heck I will take Indiana over Atlanta.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.