Re: I know, I know.....another Amex question

+1

Unless OP didn't want any inq's before the CLI's go through

Edit: IMO, that shouldn't decline either the CLI or CSP
Message 11 of 23
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

Just keep in mind that closing those smaller cards may increase your Utilization Rate and possibly lower your score if you carry balances.  Having a $20k AMEX instead of $10k would help offset that if so.

I'm getting to the point where I'm not ever really gonna come near maxing my cards but that isn't gonna stop me from asking AMEX for a $25k limit on my BCP when the time comes.

Message 12 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I app'd for the csp a few months ago and they denied me. I guess I chose the wrong time because it was before my visa turned signature and my credit cards were not at a year old yet. I have an old mortgage on my credit but they didn't care about that. Now my cards have hit a year. Chase is stingy with me as you can tell in my siggy. I don't know when to try for it again.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 13 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Has your credit changed since the denial? How many new accts since the denial?
Message 14 of 23
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
That is what I really wanted to do mainly because that will be sooner than waiting another 6 months. I just wonder if they really like swapping limits around. I have been using the blue sky card alot more than the bce because I am gathering up points to go along with my initial sign up bonus.

In my experience, they really don't care where you move the CL to. Just remember the basics.

- The 'from' card has to be 13 months or more since opening (not sure about the 'to' card).

- You have to leave a minimum CL of $500 on the 'from' card,

- I was told by a CSR that the minimum amount to transfer was 1k (not sure if that's accurate, just what I was told).

- You can only move CLs once every 30 days.

I managed to consolodate CLs from 5 AmEx revolvers into 1.

The final CL transfer, I forgot when my 30 days limit was due to come up, and tried transferring too early. That time was just a decline. I tried again the next day, and they also declined. But that time, they took away the transfer CL link from my online account. That was a few months ago, and the link is still missing.

Once I was past my 30 day limit though, I called them to do the CL transfer, and it went through just fine.

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 15 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the info odiseous......that's exactly what I wanted to know about the transfers......I didn't realize a button would pop up allowing you to do that.

Lexie......I have not opened any new accounts since the denial. My credit score has went up a few points.......you think I have a chance soon?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 16 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
I app'd for the csp a few months ago and they denied me. I guess I chose the wrong time because it was before my visa turned signature and my credit cards were not at a year old yet. I have an old mortgage on my credit but they didn't care about that. Now my cards have hit a year. Chase is stingy with me as you can tell in my siggy. I don't know when to try for it again.

Sorry to hear thisSmiley Sad

Ask for the 3x CLI I'll be pulling for you all the waySmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If Amex gives you $20k, Id say it's time to reapply for CSP!

Message 19 of 23
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@snowkitty wrote:
That is what I really wanted to do mainly because that will be sooner than waiting another 6 months. I just wonder if they really like swapping limits around. I have been using the blue sky card alot more than the bce because I am gathering up points to go along with my initial sign up bonus.

In my experience, they really don't care where you move the CL to. Just remember the basics.

- The 'from' card has to be 13 months or more since opening (not sure about the 'to' card).

- You have to leave a minimum CL of $500 on the 'from' card,

- I was told by a CSR that the minimum amount to transfer was 1k (not sure if that's accurate, just what I was told).

- You can only move CLs once every 30 days.

I managed to consolodate CLs from 5 AmEx revolvers into 1.

The final CL transfer, I forgot when my 30 days limit was due to come up, and tried transferring too early. That time was just a decline. I tried again the next day, and they also declined. But that time, they took away the transfer CL link from my online account. That was a few months ago, and the link is still missing.

Once I was past my 30 day limit though, I called them to do the CL transfer, and it went through just fine.

Great info ! Thanks. Will add parts of your post to the sticky in the next update. Smiley Happy

The donor account needs to have generated 13 statement cycles. The receiving account needs to be open for 60 days.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.