cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know I shouldn't.... I really want an AMEX too!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I know I shouldn't.... I really want an AMEX too!

Thx for the input everyone. Glad I asked, I'm so used to seeing most of your comments on others that I thought you'd give me some well rounded advice too :-) I'm just anxious after getting my scores to a level that work to my advantage. I'm also on information overload with the threads I researched. 

Crashem - Yes, I am actually with NFCU as well. I figured they would pull EX from what I found here. 

Message 21 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

So have you decided which one you want / wehn your going to app??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

So have you decided which one you want / wehn your going to app??

Going for the BCP... Got the system difficulties "We'll contact you in 14 days" page and then later a notification with an "In progress" status. So... now of course, I'm freaked out. And ultimately, whatever they decide - since I have no history with them. This will be my last app for the year. Smiley Happy 

Message 23 of 32
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

They may just be verifying ur info. I checked back an hour after I applied and it said accepted didn't have to call and recon. The bcp is great if you're gonna spend 1000 in the first 3 months. Since the cash back is 150 that covers 2 yrs worth Annual fees. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 24 of 32
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Go to Amex site and search "check application status", a lot of times you will find out that way.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Approved for 2k since I'm new and have no history with them. A little disappointed with the CL but, I'll manage. The representative said that I can call back in 60 days and ask for a CLI. So, I will look forward to getting my card in the mail and we'll see how I like them Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 32
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Im 61 days that 2k cl might become a 6k cl
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 27 of 32
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Congrats, welcome to AMEX, got the best revolver they offer. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx! I am really excited about it no matter the CL at this point. I think I'm done at this point with my app damage. I should take my butt back to the garden where I was supposed to stay put!

Message 29 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: Approved for 2k since I'm new and have no history with them. A little disappointed with the CL but, I'll manage. The representative said that I can call back in 60 days and ask for a CLI. So, I will look forward to getting my card in the mail and we'll see how I like them Smiley Happy

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the family!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.