cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

tag
afjock21
Valued Member

Re: I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
LOL I already knew about this ;-) and the walmart discover one. Hahaha. These would likely send up red flags to the creditor though! Be careful!

I guess Discover would see that I'm accepting cash.. maybe no... I don't know, but I would HOPE that this wouldn't send up 'red flags' or else that is simply ridiculous. Next thing I know I got a package in the mail saying 'Sorry your credit line has been reduced' wowww I would definitely need to get some air...

Message 11 of 33
distantarray
Established Contributor

I'm sure you'll get closed if your doing multiple $120.25 cent purchases a few times a day

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 33
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Not news, already knew this one.  LOL @ ur discovery though.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 13 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

@distantarray wrote:

I'm sure you'll get closed if your doing multiple $120.25 cent purchases a few times a day

Haha! Well.. one time a day Smiley Wink I could do about 20 days in a row of $121 purchases (I don't think I can buy anything at the grocery store that's .25) LMAO! Obviously, I will NOT be doing this... not until unemployment goes to 10% again, but I digress...

Message 14 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

@migliogiorni wrote:

@Not news, already knew this one.  LOL @ ur discovery though.

Thanks. I felt really good for about all of two seconds upon my finding, which in fact was anything but a finding... ho-hum...

Message 15 of 33
Juan123
Established Contributor

i actually didnt know about this since i've never been asked if i want cashback on any of my purchases with my credit cards....

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 16 of 33
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

you might not get charged cash advance fee or apr on this but in your stament show as cashadvance. i tried with 10 bucks to see what it showed as on my stament. so believe me discover will know what your doing and will most likely raise red flags. you can even pay hookers with credit cards lol if you pick one up from the strip club they'll tell you they take striper money which you can buy with cc's lol

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 17 of 33
andre181
Established Contributor

@afjock21 wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
LOL I already knew about this ;-) and the walmart discover one. Hahaha. These would likely send up red flags to the creditor though! Be careful!

I guess Discover would see that I'm accepting cash.. maybe no... I don't know, but I would HOPE that this wouldn't send up 'red flags' or else that is simply ridiculous. Next thing I know I got a package in the mail saying 'Sorry your credit line has been reduced' wowww I would definitely need to get some air...

I did it once at Walmart because I needed $20 in cash and didn't feel like stopping at the bank. On my statement, it showed my Walmart purchase and the cash-over seperately, so they definitely know you're doing it.

As long as you don't abuse it, I'm sure they won't mind. But if you start doing it regularly and especially if you start carrying balances while doing it, that could signal to them that you might be going through some financial difficulty which could cause some AA.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 18 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

@Juan123 wrote:

i actually didnt know about this since i've never been asked if i want cashback on any of my purchases with my credit cards....

Good to hear. Well, only for my own ego HA! Don't worry though, I wasn't asked if I wanted cash until about a month ago and I thought to myself, "What the hell? I've never.. ah well." And so I went on my way without cash not thinking anything of it until being bored tonight and browsing Discover website. I figured back when the cashier asked me I thought NO WAY!! Y'know.. Thinking some kind of 'inside job' just to nickel and dime me for being a pitiful lousy credit card holder just trying to live the 'American Dream'

Message 19 of 33
distantarray
Established Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

I did it once at Walmart because I needed $20 in cash and didn't feel like stopping at the bank. On my statement, it showed my Walmart purchase and the cash-over seperately, so they definitely know you're doing it.

^ this, on my BCP Amex stuff bought inside and gas outside are coded differently probably because they don't want you to get 3% back on ciggarettes and hotdogs

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.