cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

tag
afjock21
Valued Member

I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

1- Get on Discover Promo 0% APR

2- Go to Shaw's food market and buy pack of gum, or do some grocey shopping, whatever.

3- Tell cashier 'yes' cashback (Discover 'cash over')

4- $120 Cash limit per day

5- Repeat until desired amount

6- Pay NOTHING for the cash!!! Just like regular purchase, but of COLD HARD CASH!

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: I know how to get FREE CASH (no interest/fees) on Discover!

i really don't think you should teach people how to squeeze cash out of a credit card, but regardless everyone should know this if they have common sense to think already. For instance use a credit card at 7-11 they ask you if you want cash back. Walmart you can take $100 out but it's still not recommended. The only things you can't buy with cards is usually illegal substances or hookers and that's not very good lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

Looks like mostly food stores.. Here is the link of the list of 'acceptable' stores.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/cash-over-purchases.html

Message 3 of 33
afjock21
Valued Member

@distantarray wrote:

i really don't think you should teach people how to squeeze cash out of a credit card, but regardless everyone should know this if they have common sense to think already. For instance use a credit card at 7-11 they ask you if you want cash back. Walmart you can take $100 out but it's still not recommended. The only things you can't buy with cards is usually illegal substances or hookers and that's not very good lol

I agree. This advice is ONLY for RESPONSIBLE credit card users. If I had known this when I first opened Discover, although I believe it looks new, I would have gotten myself into trouble.. for sure.

Can only hope one day I can get a hooker with my DiscoverMore then I'll REALLY be DISCOVERIN'...

Message 4 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL I already knew about this ;-) and the walmart discover one. Hahaha. These would likely send up red flags to the creditor though! Be careful!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 33
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i think you should delete the post because most of us know but some may not and they going to abuse it .......................so keep it in small grouo before they take it all back and get some stricted on it.........We are the ppl ruin all the good thing that we can take advance on credit cards.........

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 33
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pahahahhahahahahaha then I'll really be "discoverin" hahahahaahahaha lmfao.
Be careful. Mods told me this is a "family friendly" forum. I used curse words too much at first:-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 33
Croselx
Contributor

Since you get asked at the checkout if you want cash advance or not I doubt that this isn't well-known. Get asked several times and most people will stop and ask how it works(I know I did after being asked 20+ times..). IMO this is the same as buying that shiny new 3D TV and only people that view CCs as extra spending power instead of a convenience will 'abuse' it, and seeing as the people that might abuse it do it already (but with luxury items/overspending) I don't see how this could magically create a new breed of abusers.

At the end of the month if it isn't PIF you will still pay interest on the money as it were a regular purchase (I know that the thread is about 0% APR, but if the money isn't paid by the end of the promo then all interest will be charged). And I also believe that creditors might have a limit to the amount you can take out (like debit cards) or might limit your maximum withdrawal to a specific % of available credit limit.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 9 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

No need to delete this post... If you are creditworthy enough to receive a Discover, you prob know not to use Cash Over or Cash Advances often. Also, Discover doesn't have "deferred interest" they simply do not charge interest until the promo perios is over, then it goes to whatever your rate is....
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.