Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know no one has this card!!!

tag
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

I know no one has this card!!!

I was making a routine checking deposit this morning at BOA when my teller leaves, the bank manager comes over to tell me I'm preapproved for Plat Plus Visa. 0% intro then 9.9%.  I tell him I really don't need another Visa but would consider a MC offer.  He scrolled through his screen a few minutes and I am the proud Mom of the very obscure Thurgood Marshall College Fund World Points Rewards Mastercard! CL $7500. I asked if it was soft or hard inquiry and he did say it was soft. He also said you must have pretty good credit to get a preapproved offer from us. I'm thinking I hope I don't get shot down (don't taze me dude).  But it was a go.  He said I've never even seen this card before.  So I check it out when I get home, it's not on the BOA website I actually had to do a search for it and it's issued by FIA. FIA wants my business? It was a gooood day!!    Exp 688

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: I know no one has this card!!!

Congratulations!

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow! WTG! Great opening cl. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Unique!  Really cool
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 21
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Sylvia!!  I was holding out for Citi but this kind of fell in my lap.  This definitely gets me over that Wamu fiasco!!  I'm wondering if I should try CLI on activation, I was told the card takes 5 days to arrive.  Do you or anyone have experience with this?

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't have any experience with BoA in that area. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 21
dizzier
Established Contributor

so let me get this straight....

you went into the branch and was offered a credit cars without even asking for it? That hasn't happened to me and i've been a BOA customer for years.

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 7 of 21
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Wow, Congrats!!!
Message 8 of 21
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Good job and congrats. In this credit climate, it's getting harder and harder for people to get credit and you walk into the bank and cards are falling from the sky!

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job, and congrats on the new card!

I bet you're right that nobody on this forum has this card, but I bet there will be some coming by any moment now asking where you have to go to apply for one and what scores you need! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.