Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I left the garden... For a Belk denial!

tag
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

I left the garden... For a Belk denial!

I'm weak.

After getting my Amex cards, freedom, and Discover It in June... I was so ready to garden. But 30% off my 350.00 Belk purchase was too hard to turn down! Smiley Sad

The cashier had to call in my application and the rep on the phone gave me a 5-7 day message. :-/

Maybe too many Inquiries too soon...? :-/ so sad. Any one have luck with Belk recon? Hate to waste a HP.
MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: I left the garden... For a Belk denial!

@joshuapd1987 wrote:
I'm weak.

After getting my Amex cards, freedom, and Discover It in June... I was so ready to garden. But 30% off my 350.00 Belk purchase was too hard to turn down! Smiley Sad

The cashier had to call in my application and the rep on the phone gave me a 5-7 day message. :-/

Maybe too many Inquiries too soon...? :-/ so sad. Any one have luck with Belk recon? Hate to waste a HP.

Hey joshuapd1987!

If you have a Freeze on your TU report, this is likely the reason for the denial.  If you unlock it and call the backdoor number, you will be approved I'm pretty sure.

At least if you don't have any baddies.  What's your TU FICO?   Belk is backed by GE=TU puller.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@joshuapd1987 wrote:
I'm weak.

Comenity no?... they dislike BK... not sure what else... they are pretty easy i thought beside the bk's and past baddies with comenity.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:
I'm weak.

Comenity no?... they dislike BK... not sure what else... they are pretty easy i thought beside the bk's and past baddies with comenity.

The Belk's Reward card is issued by GECRB, not Comenity.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:
I'm weak.

oh sorry, see other poster say GE backer now... you have Walmart... would think you would be good for Belk! Id recon that for sure.

Message 5 of 8
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@joshuapd1987 wrote:
I'm weak.

oh sorry, see other poster say GE backer now... you have Walmart... would think you would be good for Belk! Id recon that for sure.

RECON FOR SURE....BUT PLAY IT COOL AND NICE!

Message 6 of 8
joshuapd1987
Frequent Contributor

Thanks guys!!

Improving - I think I had it unfrozen - but good point!

And I do have Walmart I tried a 30 day credit solutions CLI and was declined - and I didn't realize until after that my statement closed with a 40% util. Already paid it back to zero - so hope that makes recon easier.

No BK - and other than a few new cards my EQ and EX are clean! :-/
MyFICO Scores: 720 (EX 10/05) | 718 (EQ 10/05) | 703 (TU 10/05)| | Amex Plat NPSL | Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Business Gold NPSL | Chase Sapphire Preferred 22,000 | Chase Freedom 20,000 | Walmart 15,000 | Amex Delta Reserve 12,900 | Chase Ritz 10,000 | Diner's Club Elite 10,000 | NASA Platinum Rewards 8,800 | Capital One Quicksilver 2,500
Message 7 of 8
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

TransUnion wil lie to you and tell you that there is no fraud alert on your card and no security freeze and that the account is unlocked. Even if you unlock your account through TU and remove any fraud alerts or credit freezes, TU only reports to FICO once a month. So you could have unfrozen the account through TU but it could still be locked on your FICO report. I have been going through literally two months of daily calls to TU to get a fraud alert and security freezes removed that I did not request. The worst part about it is that TU also reports those freezes and alerts to Experian and Equifax. Then you have to go through the same crap to get those removed. With 2 months of trying I still have fraud alerts on my accounts. The credit bureaus suck. I also have to say that when you do reach an American call center those are the people who are the rudest. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.