Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'll Never Understand Wamu...Oh well

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll Never Understand Wamu...Oh well

So I have two Wamu credit cards-the platinum and espn.  I started with the platinum a year ago with a cl of 2800.  After seven months I got an auto cli of 200.  I am not complaining as I know from these posts that some people don't get any luv from Wamu.  Anyway, I got an espn card from in invite 6 months later and got a cl of 1500.  So the interesting thing is I keep all my credit card utl under 9%, pay over the minimum, etc. and have begged and pleaded for an increase on my platinum now that it has been a year and have been told no.  Today I checked my espn account and they doubled the cl to 3000.  Go figure?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: I'll Never Understand Wamu...Oh well

WAMU is very strange bank. I applied for WAMU platinum in 04/08, scores than were around 730, 0% util, total revoving credit $95k, no baddies, but short credit history, got denied. After that got Saks World Elite MC and Discover More. Go figure.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU does not take customer initated CLI's

BUT it is my belief they do tag the account with - customer wants account review

Congrats of the CLI!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 5
SWISSOATL
Contributor

Timothy wrote:
WAMU does not take customer initated CLI's

BUT it is my belief they do tag the account with - customer wants account review

Congrats of the CLI!!!!!!!!!

AT ALL!!! A mess!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 4 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

WAMU has been hit pretty hard by the subprime mortgage fallout, so my guess is that they are trying to keep their available credit down overall to try and minimize more possible defaults.

Congrats on the CLI!
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.