Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Amex!!!

tag
dharalex
Established Contributor

I love Amex!!!

Despite the naysayers, I would like to profess my love to AMEX! I have a Blue card ( nothing special, no AF), and I purchased an apple I touch for my son for Christmas. He recently dropped it lost about 50% of the screen. After to had a small temper tantrum, I looked at my benefits and it included purchase protection for accidental damage within 90 days. Hmmmm, sounds like my situation. I called, opened a claim, and the rep said although she can't guarantee, she doesn't see why they won't be able to help me! This benefit alone is worth any possible FR to me...say what you want, but I LOVE AMEX! Update 2/17: My account has been credited the full purchase price! They didn't even ask for the damaged product.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: I love Amex!!!

In my view, if you use the card as intended, I don't think there's a Card company that treats their members better than AmEx.

Message 2 of 20
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Wow, pretty sweet deal. Definitely negates the whole pointless warranties they try to shove down your throat. Two thumbs up for AMEX. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Message 3 of 20
dharalex
Established Contributor

My son better thank his lucky stars, because a new one definitely was not in his future. Hopefully there is a case I can buy this time...

Message 4 of 20
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome. I need to remember to put all future large purchases on mine (not that I have many...)

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never used purchase protection but do let us know how it goes!

I'm kicking myself right now b/c I purchased a laptop awhile ago on a non-AMEX card and just outside the standard warranty the thing decided to go haywire. Smiley Sad

Needless to say my new laptop was paid for with my new SPG Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@dharalex wrote:
My son better thank his lucky stars, because a new one definitely was not in his future. Hopefully there is a case I can buy this time...

Try an Otterbox. Those things are pretty durable. 

Message 7 of 20
dharalex
Established Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

Try an Otterbox. Those things are pretty durable. 

Thanks, I will google it right now!

Message 8 of 20
frogfan12
Established Contributor

No problem. They're a bit more costly than other cases but they are good for people who tend to drop their iPods/iPhones. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Yes definitely Otterbox or Lifeproof. They are great cases! A bit expensive as one other poster said but they swear by their product.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.