Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Barclays!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Barclays!

Early last month I was approved for the NFL Extra Points Visa. It came with a 10,000 point bonus for $500 spent in the first three months. As it happens, my monthly payment on my tax lien, (normally debited from my checking account), is $500. So I called the revenue chick assigned to my account and asked if I could pay by credit card this month. She said no problem. Paid it online and with the state's processing fee, it came to $512.50. Now, here's the love part: As soon as the transaction posted, the points posted. Oh, and it was 10,500 for some reason. Bam! $105.13 statement credit, pay the balance with the set aside for my lien payment. $92.63 free money!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Barclays!

@Anonymous wrote:

Early last month I was approved for the NFL Extra Points Visa. It came with a 10,000 point bonus for $500 spent in the first three months. As it happens, my monthly payment on my tax lien, (normally debited from my checking account), is $500. So I called the revenue chick assigned to my account and asked if I could pay by credit card this month. She said no problem. Paid it online and with the state's processing fee, it came to $512.50. Now, here's the love part: As soon as the transaction posted, the points posted. Oh, and it was 10,500 for some reason. Bam! $105.13 statement credit, pay the balance with the set aside for my lien payment. $92.63 free money!!

Nice.. That was quick.

Message 2 of 11
barbaralee
Established Contributor

I love Barclays, too. The SM is my husband's card, and the only one he uses. I especially like their app and website, which I think is one of the better credit card websites out there, IMO. My only gripe would be customer service is good for basic issues, but for real good help I had to Facebook them. They called us the very next day and resolved it immediately. 

Either which way, I so rarely have to contact customer service it doesn't make that much of a difference. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, they credited the 40K bonus prettttty quick once we got to $3,000 on the Arrival+

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats awesome when i bought my macbook pro my 8 thousand points posted quick too. but whats taking long is to get my gift cards for those points.

Message 5 of 11
dumaine
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

. Paid it online and with the state's processing fee, it came to $512.50. Now, here's the love part: As soon as the transaction posted, the points posted. Oh, and it was 10,500 for some reason. Bam! $105.13 statement credit, pay the balance with the set aside for my lien payment. $92.63 free money!!

10,000 bonus and 5.13 for the 512.50 total purchase....they round up to the next dollar.

Message 6 of 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

I'm really enjoying Barclays as well.  Very helpful recon line, useful rewards (Sallie Mae), instant posting of sign-up bonus after first charge, instant posting of points and excellent website design.  The only thing that bugs me a little about the website is, after I log into my account, there is a section named "Just For You", and it is always blank...that doesn't make me feel very special!  Also, there's an area that states "Check out the exciting products that Barclaycard has to offer", and that's always blank as well...not very exciting.

Overall, I'm very happy with the product & service.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dumaine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

. Paid it online and with the state's processing fee, it came to $512.50. Now, here's the love part: As soon as the transaction posted, the points posted. Oh, and it was 10,500 for some reason. Bam! $105.13 statement credit, pay the balance with the set aside for my lien payment. $92.63 free money!!

10,000 bonus and 5.13 for the 512.50 total purchase....they round up to the next dollar.

Yeah, I know. But the bonus had an extra 500 points for some reason.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@dumaine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You earn 1pt per $1 on it.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dumaine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You earn 1pt per $1 on it.

Ah, duh! Sometimes I'm stupid. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.