Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Capital One!!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I love Capital One!!!

@daisydvm wrote:

I was mostly being sarcastic with the title of my post although I do not hold any bad feelings against Capital One. They were kind enough to extend a line of credit to me after I managed three of their accounts inappropriately. My current limit sits ar $2500 with a card that has a max limit of $3000. I doubt that they'll increase my credit limit which was why I was interested in a PC. And you know how often CapitalOne does those.

I might give them a call tomorrow if I feel up to it but while I'm grateful for the opportunity they have given me to rebuild my credit, I think the time has come to move on to better things. I'll still keep my recurring USAA credit monitoring charge and make a few random charges on it but I'll pass on most of the love to Barclay.

Call this number tommorow:

Cap 1: 800-707-0489 (Senior Escalation Account Mgrs.)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 29
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Thanks LS. I'll call them for the fun of it in the morning.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 12 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daisydvm wrote:

Thanks LS. I'll call them for the fun of it in the morning.

Fingers crossed (mega-millions chance of CLI tho) Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Capital One sucks. I wish the other CC issuers would match Cap1's best cards and run them out of business. Capital One's only saving grace is that they offer some of the best rewards cards for certain needs and especially for big spenders. 

The Green Cash, Spark Cash Business and Venture may not be tops for everyone's situation but their flat rate, unlimited rewards with no category restrictions will outdo any competitive card beyond certain thresholds as a stand alone card. You can only spend so much on groceries, gas, health clubs, and dining etc. and then there's the added wrinkle that food shopping at popular places like Walmart yields no grocery rewards. This is especially true for business card rewards. 

Wake up Chase, Amex and Citi and BofA! Offer cards like these and there's simply no reason to put up with Capital One and their rotten attitude.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 14 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

You actually have a better chance at finding bigfoot than getting a CLI with Cap One.

Message 15 of 29
FrugalRican
Blogger

Darn it, I knew it was a trap when I saw the title.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if it is a hard pull if you request a CLI with cap 1?

Message 17 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Darn it, I knew it was a trap when I saw the title.

original.gif

Its official!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 29
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Probably it is. When I inquired about upgrading my current cap one card, they would not ugrade without a hard pull, even with two years of payment history. I politely declined, went fishing and got a better card with higher cl and no af.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 19 of 29
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if it is a hard pull if you request a CLI with cap 1?

Yeah, almost 100% guaranteed Hard Pull on EX, EQ, and TU and no CLI.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.