Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Capital One!!!

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I love Capital One!!!

I recently applied and got approved for a Barclay's Apple card- mostly to take advantage of the 0% interest free promotion on the iPads I am planning on purchasing for my parents. It is my highest credit limit so far ($4000) and I'm fairly certain I'll stop using my CapitalOne card as soon as the Barclay gets here.

I sent Capone a secure message asking for an upgrade to a rewards card or a CLI. I knew what the answer was going to be even before I sent the message but I did anyways. Here is the email I got from the this morning.

Dear XXXXXXX

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Capital
One to serve your financial needs. Thank you for contacting us about a
credit limit increase on your Capital One account. However, we cannot
submit a request to increase your credit limit through written
correspondence.

If you can call us at the number listed below, an agent would be happy
to assist you with your request.

The following are questions you may be asked for when you contact us:
• How much of a credit line increase you are seeking?
• What is your annual household income?
• Why are you seeking a credit limit increase?

You may contact our Customer Service Representative at 1-800-955-7070,
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We appreciate your business and look
forward to continuing to serve your financial needs.

Sincerely,
Capital One

I thought it was pretty hilarious since they sound like they would seriously consider my request for a CLI. I'm going to pass and not waste precious time on the phone with them. Can't wait until my new card gets here..... I am flying international in the summer and my ticket will cost about $2000. That would have pretty much almost exhausted my credit limit on the old CapOne but I  now have a lot more room to spread my wings!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Re: I love Capital One!!!

How long is Barclay on the 0%? Best Buy has one right now for 18 months. I have given up hope on CapOne. They won't reduce my $60 AF and they won't PC me or give me a increase from $1500. This is a credit step card they told me and I've reached the maximum I can get on the card. I will not do a hard pull on all 3 credit reports to get a PC or a new card. Girlfriend gets offers all the time for a no AF platinum card and her credit is horrible. I think your response is scripted and your results might be very different on the phone.
Message 2 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Daisy I would give them a call, nothing to lose.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 29
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

I almost thought you really LOVED THEM, LOL!!!Smiley Very Happy

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 4 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Tubesock LOL! I thought I was going to see a massive CLI from Cap1!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 29
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

There's a phrase that'll raise an eyebrow!!.... Lol
Message 6 of 29
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

LOL. Typical Cap1. I really don't have hard feelings toward Cap1 because they gave me a $300 unsecured card when nobody would touch. Both are sitting in my sock drawer right now LOL (along with my Barclays). No need for any of them anymore.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 7 of 29
logan_720
Established Contributor

@daisydvm wrote:

I recently applied and got approved for a Barclay's Apple card- mostly to take advantage of the 0% interest free promotion on the iPads I am planning on purchasing for my parents. It is my highest credit limit so far ($4000) and I'm fairly certain I'll stop using my CapitalOne card as soon as the Barclay gets here.

I sent Capone a secure message asking for an upgrade to a rewards card or a CLI. I knew what the answer was going to be even before I sent the message but I did anyways. Here is the email I got from the this morning.

Dear XXXXXXX

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Capital
One to serve your financial needs. Thank you for contacting us about a
credit limit increase on your Capital One account. However, we cannot
submit a request to increase your credit limit through written
correspondence.

If you can call us at the number listed below, an agent would be happy
to assist you with your request.

The following are questions you may be asked for when you contact us:
• How much of a credit line increase you are seeking?
• What is your annual household income?
• Why are you seeking a credit limit increase?

You may contact our Customer Service Representative at 1-800-955-7070,
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We appreciate your business and look
forward to continuing to serve your financial needs.

Sincerely,
Capital One

I thought it was pretty hilarious since they sound like they would seriously consider my request for a CLI. I'm going to pass and not waste precious time on the phone with them. Can't wait until my new card gets here..... I am flying international in the summer and my ticket will cost about $2000. That would have pretty much almost exhausted my credit limit on the old CapOne but I  now have a lot more room to spread my wings!

I would actually think they would consider it if they had given a legitimate number to get into touch with somone, and not just the number you call you get up to date account info...

Message 8 of 29
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:
How long is Barclay on the 0%? Best Buy has one right now for 18 months. I have given up hope on CapOne. They won't reduce my $60 AF and they won't PC me or give me a increase from $1500. This is a credit step card they told me and I've reached the maximum I can get on the card. I will not do a hard pull on all 3 credit reports to get a PC or a new card. Girlfriend gets offers all the time for a no AF platinum card and her credit is horrible. I think your response is scripted and your results might be very different on the phone.

The 0% interest is for 12 months if you spend more than around $900. I plan to buy two ipads so I can get that deal but I hope to pay it off within a few months.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Message 9 of 29
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I was mostly being sarcastic with the title of my post although I do not hold any bad feelings against Capital One. They were kind enough to extend a line of credit to me after I managed three of their accounts inappropriately. My current limit sits ar $2500 with a card that has a max limit of $3000. I doubt that they'll increase my credit limit which was why I was interested in a PC. And you know how often CapitalOne does those.

I might give them a call tomorrow if I feel up to it but while I'm grateful for the opportunity they have given me to rebuild my credit, I think the time has come to move on to better things. I'll still keep my recurring USAA credit monitoring charge and make a few random charges on it but I'll pass on most of the love to Barclay.

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.