Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Chase

@longtimelurker wrote:

It's good, but hardly unique to Chase.   I've had Capital One remove a late fee, and I believe nearly all issuers will do it at least once, and often once every so often.

True that. 

I'm not 100% sure if other banks will do this, but I do know that Chase will often do fee reversals above the one-time courtesy if you really push for it.  For instance, back when I was really dumb with my spending (not too long after my BK), I got Chase to reverse $220 worth of fees over a two year timespan and it counted as a "one-time" courtesy refund.  I've heard of similar successes from other Chase customers before.

Message 11 of 18
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

But did they report the late payment to the CB's?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 12 of 18
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:

If it's one day late, no. Usually its after 30 days late that you get flagged on your credit reports.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 13 of 18
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I've banked with them for almost 7 years (WAMU convert) and I like Chase a lot.  They've always have been very professional and courteous...even in their branches.  The CSP is the B-O-M-B!  Awesome Service!!  They also gave me my first business credit card with no issues whatosever.  I didn't expect it as my business is art related so income generated from it is small right now...but they gave me 18k limit to start with!  Very happy with Chase! Smiley Very Happy

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 14 of 18
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

If it's one day late, no. Usually its after 30 days late that you get flagged on your credit reports.

ok, so does that mean we have 30 more days after the payment due date to pay, if u dont want to be reported to CB?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 15 of 18
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Chaselover wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

ok, so does that mean we have 30 more days after the payment due date to pay, if u dont want to be reported to CB?

Well, I think they technically CAN report if one day late, however most lenders don't. I would strongly advise against making a habit of this as not only does it hurt your standing with a lender, but you will still be charged late fees and interest because you didn't pay. It may not effect your CRs, but it will effectively kill any chance of future CLIs/ acts of good will from the lender, if not usher in a swarm of adverse action up to and including canceling your accounts and blacklisting you.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree, chase has the best customer service. I love them and I give them all of my business too.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@Chaselover wrote:

Well, I think they technically CAN report if one day late, however most lenders don't. I would strongly advise against making a habit of this as not only does it hurt your standing with a lender, but you will still be charged late fees and interest because you didn't pay. It may not effect your CRs, but it will effectively kill any chance of future CLIs/ acts of good will from the lender, if not usher in a swarm of adverse action up to and including canceling your accounts and blacklisting you.

That's absolutely right.  And while Chase has great customer service, they are still very weary of their consumers' habits and therefore very easy to burn a bridge with if you get careless. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.