Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Citi even more

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I love Citi even more

So right now I have Dividend and Forward from Citi. Both started out with $1K CL each. I requested for a $500 CLI on my Forward back in June and no hard pull was done. Today I did the same thing with my Dividend card.

* Input your income

* Input your mortgage/rent

* Input how much you want for CLI

* Click next

And vola! $500 CLI on my Dividend without pulling my CR. Everything is done online. If you requested too much Citi will tried to make a counter offer before pulling your report. Probably next time I will need to ask for more. Smiley LOL

Painless CLI experience! Heart

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: I love Citi even more

congrats!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

Thats great news !!! Ther is hope out there Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Thank You!

I wish other lenders are easy to deal with when it comes to CLI *cough*CapOne*cough*.

Maybe next time I should ask for $1K CLI? Though I won't actually be charging that much. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CLI increase experience with Citi has been that if you ask too high they will counter. I started with an $800 limit on both of my cards (forward and dividends). I asked for an increase of $1200 on each and in both cases they counter with $800 for a total of $1600 credit limit on each.

Each time there was no hard pull.

Message 5 of 18
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

So right now I have Dividend and Forward from Citi. Both started out with $1K CL each. I requested for a $500 CLI on my Forward back in June and no hard pull was done. Today I did the same thing with my Dividend card.

* Input your income

* Input your mortgage/rent

* Input how much you want for CLI

* Click next

And vola! $500 CLI on my Dividend without pulling my CR. Everything is done online. If you requested too much Citi will tried to make a counter offer before pulling your report. Probably next time I will need to ask for more. Smiley LOL

Painless CLI experience! Heart

Is that the 3 step form? That's the one that says "You give Citi blah blah the right to obtain credit report"? My Home Depot has that 3 step one but my Citi TY Preferred has the 5 step one with employment. 

I just don't want to take a chance on a hard for Home Depot ;(((

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 6 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

It is actually 5 step I believe. I'm not sure on co-branded card.

Message 7 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

What do you know? Same trick works again on my Forward card. Now $2K CL. Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

so does the 3 step form mean it's probably just a soft pull, & the 5 step form means they'll probably pull your reports?

Message 9 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Not even a soft pull, or at least this is from Equifax. It is actually a 4 step process.

You type in information.

Confirm what you typed in.

Whether Citi okay with your request, or a counter offer.

Press either okay to accept it or no to request more/hard pull.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.