Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love GECRB!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I love GECRB!

Last April, my DH and I opened three accounts through GECRB -- my JC Penny and Dillard's Amex, and his Lowe's. We expected to start out with low limits, but knowing that these cards have the possibility of CLIs every few months, we hoped that they would grow. And they have! They've been open for 8 months now, and here's how they have grown:

JC Penney: $200 -> $1800

Dillard's: $700 -> $4200

Lowe's: $300 -> $4600

They started out with toy -- almost unusable -- limits, to having respectable limits. They may even continue to grow next year!

I know that a lot of folks look down at GE as being subprime-ish, but I've been very happy with their cards. No AF and rewards that suit us (we do shop at these stores). We especially like the 5% discount at the register from Lowe's!  I thought long and hard about apping for them last spring, but I'm very glad that we did.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love GECRB!

GE seems to like me, as well.  I have JCPenney, Old Navy, Walmart, and Care Credit (this proved the most useful as I was given a $5,500 limit, which came in very handy when I had some recent dental work done).  I haven't attempted CLI yet (just want to be certain they won't be hard pulls as I've had several recent inquiries and don't want to hurt my score any further).

GE seems to hate my husband, however.  He was denied for both the Amazon store card and Care Credit, but approved for other bank cards.  Go figure. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats....those are very nice increases!!

Message 3 of 6
learnin113
Established Contributor

I love GE and GE loves me!

Message 4 of 6
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

My GEMB/GECRB portfolio:

Care Credit $800

Wal-Mart $600

PayPal SC $500

JCP $200 (end of Dec luv button time!)

Old Navy $200

IMO, anyone who looks down on GEMB card holders can shove it where the sun doesn't shine. This lender gives many of us who have made past mistakes a chance to not only right our credit ships, but save a few bucks in the meantime at some pretty awesome stores while working our way into Primeville. In the case of CareCredit, it also means medical care when we need it with deferred interest options. This is more than I can say for WFFNB...who has denied EVERY application I have ever made to a card bearing their name due to having a BK on my record.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 5 of 6
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I can't wait!!!!! You guys give me hope to be loved by GEMB again.

I have 3 WFNNB backed cards and they've been great to me. They're definitely inquiry sensitive, but they give somewhat decent auto CLIs if their card is used often Smiley Wink
Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.