Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love NFCU!!!!

tag
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

I love NFCU!!!!

I have had a NFCU CC for about 1.5 years, It started as a secured card for $800, after a few months I saved an additional $200 and made it a $1,000secured card. After the first year it went unsecured. About a year ago I got a Chase Platinum MC for $4,000 9.9% no interest for a year, I also applied for an Amazon Chase Visa and got denied. I called recon at Chase and they agreed to give me a $1,000 Amazon card, if I reduce the Platinum card to a $3,000 limit. I agreed.So far so good, I've been doing real well with all the cards and I wanted to see if I could get that Amazon card's limit raised. Fate would have it the Chase system was down the day I decided to call ( and I've read enough horror stories on here about rate jacking after requests) I figured I should just leave the Chase cards alone. I called NFCU and they asked how much I was requesting, I said $4,000 total (I thought asking for a 5G credit limit would be too much) and they said I should be hearing a decision within two working days. I logged onto NFCU today and saw the CLI increase- My $1,000 credit limit is now $4,000. They have helped me out so much in the past 2 years.So have all the posters on this message board with advice and inspiration. It wasn't too long ago I was in a Ashley Furniture store and got denied in store credit, that was the turning point to where I knew I had to take charge of my credit. I have only two bads remaining a chargeoff from Crap1 and a settlement from HSBC.. I'm convinced I will have to wait until those drop off in 2011, I have done everything to dispute them to no avail. So my word of advice, patience and a secured card can really help you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: I love NFCU!!!!

Congratulations moondog!

You have built a nice relationship with NFCU through good performance and patience...and I sometimes think patience is the hardest part. You did good!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would ask chasse to move 3000 to the amazon card, since you get double points on certain to since you get double dinning gas drugs office supplies

Message 3 of 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

WHO DOES NOT?

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.