Frequent Contributor
moondog7324

I love NFCU!!!!

I have had a NFCU CC for about 1.5 years, It started as a secured card for $800, after a few months I saved an additional $200 and made it a $1,000secured card. After the first year it went unsecured. About a year ago I got a Chase Platinum MC for $4,000 9.9% no interest for a year, I also applied for an Amazon Chase Visa and got denied. I called recon at Chase and they agreed to give me a $1,000 Amazon card, if I reduce the Platinum card to a $3,000 limit. I agreed.So far so good, I've been doing real well with all the cards and I wanted to see if I could get that Amazon card's limit raised. Fate would have it the Chase system was down the day I decided to call ( and I've read enough horror stories on here about rate jacking after requests) I figured I should just leave the Chase cards alone. I called NFCU and they asked how much I was requesting, I said $4,000 total (I thought asking for a 5G credit limit would be too much) and they said I should be hearing a decision within two working days. I logged onto NFCU today and saw the CLI increase- My $1,000 credit limit is now $4,000. They have helped me out so much in the past 2 years.So have all the posters on this message board with advice and inspiration. It wasn't too long ago I was in a Ashley Furniture store and got denied in store credit, that was the turning point to where I knew I had to take charge of my credit. I have only two bads remaining a chargeoff from Crap1 and a settlement from HSBC.. I'm convinced I will have to wait until those drop off in 2011, I have done everything to dispute them to no avail. So my word of advice, patience and a secured card can really help you.
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

Re: I love NFCU!!!!

Congratulations moondog!

You have built a nice relationship with NFCU through good performance and patience...and I sometimes think patience is the hardest part. You did good!

Established Contributor

I would ask chasse to move 3000 to the amazon card, since you get double points on certain to since you get double dinning gas drugs office supplies

People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS
Valued Contributor
wmarat

WHO DOES NOT?

IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}