Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love this forum

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I love this forum

I consider myself to be pretty savvy regarding credit cards and credit rewards.  I must say that I have picked up new tips and information that has helped me increase my available credit and earn even better rewards.  Thanks to all for the tips, keep them coming!

I also want to say I respect the folks that speak eloquently to defend their views, even if they differ from my own, without being condescending or rude.  I have added this forum to my list of websites that I check at least once a day.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: I love this forum

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

I consider myself to be pretty savvy regarding credit cards and credit rewards.  I must say that I have picked up new tips and information that has helped me increase my available credit and earn even better rewards.  Thanks to all for the tips, keep them coming!

I also want to say I respect the folks that speak eloquently to defend their views, even if they differ from my own, without being condescending or rude.  I have added this forum to my list of websites that I check at least once a day.

Yup I Heart myFICO.com as well! Wouldnt have gotten this for CC advice without them! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 9
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think I would have significantly fewer INQs on my reports had I never discovered myFICO. I would agree, it is a great site and group of people.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I think I would have significantly fewer INQs on my reports had I never discovered myFICO. I would agree, it is a great site and group of people.

Double-edged sword.

I agree, but had I not found this site, I wouldn't have the wallet that I have now in such a short period of time.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I agree that I have learned so much from all of you.  I am not a newbie to credit by far but it seems some things I has been doing for years were not helpful at all! I never knew about backdoor numbers or asking for CLI's...and recon? What's that?! 

Thank you - I can't stop checking this website! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have my third credit card so thank you all for the great advice and good company.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 6 of 9
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Same here. I have learned -- and am still learning (as well as enjoying the 4700 of unsecured available credit that I would have never had without this site).

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 7 of 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

aww well the forum loves you too haha...yes I have greatly benefited from this site as well as the great people here.....Im to the point now when I talk about this place to everyone am surprised if the have never heard of it. 

Message 8 of 9
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I wouldn't have any of my cards if it wasn't for all of you. I've learned so much and it's always nice to try and help someone else here as much as I've been helped.

So thankful for everything Smiley Happy
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.