Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I <3 the Walmart Card!

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: I <3 the Walmart Card!

@trix_r_4_kids wrote:

I couldn't have done it without all of the advice from all of the fabulous fico folks that post on thest boards!

It was a soft pull (I asked).  He put me on hold while he reviewed my credit report.  Even though my Walmart card had a large balance, my 3 other cards did not.  There have been significant improvements to my credit since I got the card.  I got the card at the end of November, called that very day for a CLI (doubled from $300 to $600).  Then I called today for another CLI (doubled from $600 to $1200).  Each time I asked for a double CLI, they agreed.

It was only after reading the advice of others that I had the knowledge and the courage to get this card, access the TU Fico they offer, and make it work for me.  Thank you to everyone who's ever posted helpful advice about Walmart and other GE cards.

@Anonymous - When you first got the card? (Meaning when you got it and you activated it? Or when you found your approved limit right after applying?) I just got approved for mines but I don't physically have it yet, so I was just wondering if I should wait until I activate the card or call know for the CLI?

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 11 of 12
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: I <3 the Walmart Card!

@WarJar101 wrote:

@trix_r_4_kids wrote:

I couldn't have done it without all of the advice from all of the fabulous fico folks that post on thest boards!

It was a soft pull (I asked).  He put me on hold while he reviewed my credit report.  Even though my Walmart card had a large balance, my 3 other cards did not.  There have been significant improvements to my credit since I got the card.  I got the card at the end of November, called that very day for a CLI (doubled from $300 to $600).  Then I called today for another CLI (doubled from $600 to $1200).  Each time I asked for a double CLI, they agreed.

It was only after reading the advice of others that I had the knowledge and the courage to get this card, access the TU Fico they offer, and make it work for me.  Thank you to everyone who's ever posted helpful advice about Walmart and other GE cards.

@Anonymous - When you first got the card? (Meaning when you got it and you activated it? Or when you found your approved limit right after applying?) I just got approved for mines but I don't physically have it yet, so I was just wondering if I should wait until I activate the card or call know for the CLI?

I was approved in the store.  They give you a little receipt with your approval info.  As soon as I got home, like an hour after my approval, I called the backdoor number for my first CLI.  They doubled it on that first day.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.