Frequent Contributor
WarJar101

Re: I <3 the Walmart Card!

trix_r_4_kids wrote:

I couldn't have done it without all of the advice from all of the fabulous fico folks that post on thest boards!

It was a soft pull (I asked).  He put me on hold while he reviewed my credit report.  Even though my Walmart card had a large balance, my 3 other cards did not.  There have been significant improvements to my credit since I got the card.  I got the card at the end of November, called that very day for a CLI (doubled from $300 to $600).  Then I called today for another CLI (doubled from $600 to $1200).  Each time I asked for a double CLI, they agreed.

It was only after reading the advice of others that I had the knowledge and the courage to get this card, access the TU Fico they offer, and make it work for me.  Thank you to everyone who's ever posted helpful advice about Walmart and other GE cards.

@Trix - When you first got the card? (Meaning when you got it and you activated it? Or when you found your approved limit right after applying?) I just got approved for mines but I don't physically have it yet, so I was just wondering if I should wait until I activate the card or call know for the CLI?

Cap One Platinum MC $2.5k CL (08/12)
Citi Forward Student Visa Card $1.5k CL (09/12)
Express NEXT Card $0.25k CL (02/13), Jcrew CC $0.7k CL(02/13)
AMEX PRG NPSL (03/13), AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 2k (03/13)
Walmart Credit Card $1.5k (03/13)
TU: 687 FICO (3/13) | EX: 692 Lender Pull (3/13) | EQ: 678 (4/1/13)
Regular Contributor
trix_r_4_kids

Re: I <3 the Walmart Card!

WarJar101 wrote:

trix_r_4_kids wrote:

I couldn't have done it without all of the advice from all of the fabulous fico folks that post on thest boards!

It was a soft pull (I asked).  He put me on hold while he reviewed my credit report.  Even though my Walmart card had a large balance, my 3 other cards did not.  There have been significant improvements to my credit since I got the card.  I got the card at the end of November, called that very day for a CLI (doubled from $300 to $600).  Then I called today for another CLI (doubled from $600 to $1200).  Each time I asked for a double CLI, they agreed.

It was only after reading the advice of others that I had the knowledge and the courage to get this card, access the TU Fico they offer, and make it work for me.  Thank you to everyone who's ever posted helpful advice about Walmart and other GE cards.

@Trix - When you first got the card? (Meaning when you got it and you activated it? Or when you found your approved limit right after applying?) I just got approved for mines but I don't physically have it yet, so I was just wondering if I should wait until I activate the card or call know for the CLI?

I was approved in the store.  They give you a little receipt with your approval info.  As soon as I got home, like an hour after my approval, I called the backdoor number for my first CLI.  They doubled it on that first day.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+