Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I luv me some barclay!

tag
qd
Regular Contributor

I luv me some barclay!

I got the NFL Barclay card six months ago with a limit of $500.  Today I got an automatic CLI taking my  limit to $2000.  I app'd for their rewards card a couple months ago and after a successful recon, received a starting limit of $1500.  The rewards have already starting coming in the form of $100 Lowe's gift cards so I have to say not only am I pleased with the people I talk to when I call Barclay, but pleased with the cards themselves...and now also pleased with the auto CLI!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mark293
Regular Contributor

Re: I luv me some barclay!

I recently received the Barclay Ring visa @8% with a toy credit limit of $650. I reconned and the analyst (from the great USof A) immediately bumped it up to 4500.

Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 2 of 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats to both of you! 

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Barclaycard is awesome!! Congrats to the both of you!!
Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I keep hearing about all the luv Barclay gives out, but I never get any of it.  I have had the card for about 9 months now and nothing.  I keep patiently waiting, but no increase for me.  Maybe, it is because I never keep a balance floating around and PIF each month?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 10
qd
Regular Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

I keep hearing about all the luv Barclay gives out, but I never get any of it.  I have had the card for about 9 months now and nothing.  I keep patiently waiting, but no increase for me.  Maybe, it is because I never keep a balance floating around and PIF each month?

I usually keep a small balance.  I run the tab up high and pay often, but usually do not PIF.  I would though if I could, but it usually ends up with about $100 left on the card.  I'm not worried about utilization at this point so I'm good with that balance being reported.

Message 7 of 10
blk8
Regular Contributor

I just received my Barclays Reward Card the other week. Ever since I was approved, I have been reading a lot about them and their CLI. It seems or appears they give out a lot of luv to those who have limited prime cards in hopes that they will make Barclays their main spending card.

Those who have a variety of CC seem toget no love. Just my .02

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS on your CLI and new Barclaycard!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.