Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Confused???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm Confused???

With the new CC (10k) from FCU, they offered me a year of 0%, no fee BT..I did give them 2 small cards ($650 total) to BT and close, but my confusion is "if I BT other CCs do I have to close those accounts?" I want to keep them open to help my UTI but  hate paying the high interest... 2 CCs at 805 UTI .. Target 1500/2000 and Sears 1400/2000, This is a first for me in all my credit years I have never BTd before....

thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm Confused???

WHOOPS !! ment 75% UTI..see confused...lol

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not have to close accounts
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You do not have to close accounts

SWEET!! Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont be, lol, its ok, i had never bt'd before this year either. We you bt, all you are doing is transferring those limits over to another card to help save interest. 0% bt fee is awesome!. My favorite way to Bt, for example with my Boa BBR or my Ciri DC, i just have the funds transferred to my checking account do i can pay off any csrds i want to bt. Just becare as sometimes bting can get addictive and then really doesnt solve anything lolSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesomenews! thanks again...I plan on gardening for the next 4-6 mos ..this month has been good to me and I have "operation pay down phase two"  started..my goal is to pay down another 8k before sept 1, but seeing how i have this knowledge...i will BT those two cards and pay them off by Oct..that way i keep the new fella under 30% Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You absolutely do no thave to close them, just literally freeze them in ice in the freezer so you dont touch them again. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boomhower wrote:

You absolutely do no thave to close them, just literally freeze them in ice in the freezer so you dont touch them again. 

Thanks...I really was concerned about it, I was thinking outside the great interest rate if I closed cards I would just be spinning wheels to get UTI below 30% by lowing my avail CLs

on lighter side...

I will employ my army training and self control to keep those bad boys out of my hands....

or as my son calls it my "ninja mom on a mission phase"..lol  (ninja mom is his least favorite..lol..but we have goals Smiley Wink )

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hee yaw!! Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.