cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm SO pissed at GE/sync!! Rant alert!!!

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: I'm SO pissed at GE/sync!! Rant alert!!!

@pizza1 wrote:
Ok everyone..... I've had time to process my rant, lol. I AM very greatful for the second chances, and I am very lucky to have the cards I do soon after bk. My BK was discharged in August 2013, and I started getting approved for cards early October. Though I didn't have a choice really about my bk, what's done is done. I know that it's going to take time, and patience on my part, an understanding. I'm very impatient sometimes, and that I need to work on. I'm keeping the cards, lol!! Smiley Happy

I never doubted you would keep them for a minute Smiley Wink

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 31 of 48
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

GE is a horrible company.  

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 32 of 48
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Ok everyone..... I've had time to process my rant, lol. I AM very greatful for the second chances, and I am very lucky to have the cards I do soon after bk. My BK was discharged in August 2013, and I started getting approved for cards early October. Though I didn't have a choice really about my bk, what's done is done. I know that it's going to take time, and patience on my part, an understanding. I'm very impatient sometimes, and that I need to work on. I'm keeping the cards, lol!! Smiley Happy

You've done a fabulous job thus far. I didn't have a BK, but a CO so I can relate to the frustrations. The difference between you and me is that you're rebuilding very quickly after the deragatory - which is the absolute best thing you can do even though they can be stubborn at times! Good luck!

Message 33 of 48
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

GE/Syncrony serves its purpose and they are BK/baddie friendly. They have useful "store" cards (Walmart, Amazon) with no outrageous AFs like FP. Also have perks like a free monthly FICO score which is imperative for rebuilding. 

Message 34 of 48
12njoy
Super Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

GE/Syncrony serves its purpose and they are BK/baddie friendly. They have useful "store" cards (Walmart, Amazon) with no outrageous AFs like FP. Also have perks like a free monthly FICO score which is imperative for rebuilding. 

Ditto.  They were the first unsecured card I received in 2013 to start my rebuild.  A year later and I have all the major players with the exception of CITI (I burned them so that will never happen).  GE has been very good to me.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 35 of 48
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Agreed! I may not like the fact that they are very gun shy about giving me high limits again and so soon after BK, but they did give me 5 cards back, the same ones I burned in bk and a new one(amazon). I am grateful and ill just have to be patient and wait out the cli.
Message 36 of 48
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Ok... So I've called the back door # to credit solutions, and also tried through an anylst and was unable to get a cli on my freaking Walmart card. Wow... Really?!!!! I mean, I know I have a bk showing and it's recent, but whatever, still my Walmart card is at a $0 balance, statement cut yesterday and my last payment was $258, PIF! I called in asked for $3k ( they counter), and he came back saying he was unable to raise and I'll get the letter. I swear to GOD I'm gonna close all 5 of my GE cards. My overall total util was less than 1% reporting, all other cards showed a 0 bal on reports except one card for $5. Gimme a freaking break!!! So done with this credit crap. I'm gonna close all 7 store cards with GE and Commenity, and just keep my three majors and give them all the business!!!  (Sighs))...... Ok, rant over Smiley Sad 

Welcome to the club.

I've had my 4 GE cards for 8-10 months and all I've gotten was a 100 auto CLI from Walmart.  My total limit across all 4 cards is $9200 so I'm probably at some kind of an internal limit.  

I quit asking for CLI's a couple months back... don't even care anymore.  The GE cards are just utilization boosters... nothing more.

My scores are just a bit higher than yours and my BK is 14 months post discharge... mine was a 13 though, not a 7. Also, you said you burned them in your BK.

I DIDN'T burn GE in my BK.  At any rate, if how they've loved me is any indication you shouldn't expect much.  

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 37 of 48
One7
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Just give it time and you'll be getting CLIs in no time.

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 38 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon after your bk did you get new cards?

Message 39 of 48
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@eagle2013 wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

Ditto.  They were the first unsecured card I received in 2013 to start my rebuild.  A year later and I have all the major players with the exception of CITI (I burned them so that will never happen).  GE has been very good to me.

Same here.   After my BK, my credit consisted of SLs that I just kept putting off.  Without having any real credit knowledge, I started gaining credit.  Unfortunately, this just resulted in a bunch of charged off cards.   Back in 2010, I wanted to try again.   After I got a CreditOne card and used that for a few months, JCP decided to take a chance on me.   They were my first CC with no AF in the new rebuild.   When I eventually used the LUV button and got a "massive" increase from $250 to $750, it sparked my interest in learning how credit works.  And I found this site.    So, yes, JCP has been extremely important in my rebuild and I am certainl grateful!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.