cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a Credit Newbie and need advice on applying and future steps!

tag
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm a Credit Newbie and need advice on applying and future steps!

SInce you are in with Discover I would allow that account to age some. Allow that card to report to the 3 major credit bureau's.  Don't get over your head and apply for too much credit at one time, then banks will think you are desperate for credit.  In order to maximize your scores you will want atleast 3 tradelines open.  Store cards are easy to open but don't go crazy with them. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 21 of 22
furthur
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm a Credit Newbie and need advice on applying and future steps!

@Anonymous wrote:
I would try to recon one more time if I were you. Chase can be difficult to get in the door with no history but if you manage to get in it will help you build a better relationship with them. It wouldn't hurt to try once again since you already app'd. If they tell you no again just stick it out with the Discover for a while and take some time to learn everything you can from this wonderful place Smiley Happy

Thanks for the advice, I will try again in a bit.

@Pway wrote:

SInce you are in with Discover I would allow that account to age some. Allow that card to report to the 3 major credit bureau's.  Don't get over your head and apply for too much credit at one time, then banks will think you are desperate for credit.  In order to maximize your scores you will want atleast 3 tradelines open.  Store cards are easy to open but don't go crazy with them. 

Alright. I'm pretty sure I will try recon one more time, and if that doesn't work then stick it out with Discover for now. Thanks!

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.