Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a NFCU Member Now!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a NFCU Member Now!

Hey everyone.  I became a member of NFCU after seeing all the great talk about them.  Opened a savings and checking account by phone.  Clicked on My Offers and the Cash Rewards Visa is staring me in my face.

Should I just continue to garden for now and allow my membership to age a little or should I just go for it?

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: I'm a NFCU Member Now!

Cograts on your new membership! I would suggest doing what you feel comfortable with; but I think you would probably be approved if you applied.
Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 2 of 52
CS800
Super Contributor

I believe that they already did a HP for the membership and they will use the same pull. I would call them and confirm this and if they say yes, go for the visa Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 52
Karunch
Contributor

I joined NFCU back in June.  Called the next day and applied for the NFCU Cash Rewards Visa and was instantly approved for a $14k CL.  My scores at the time were around 675-680. So I don't see a reason to need to wait, if you want to apply for a card then apply for a card.  I never had any problems getting a card so close to the date that I joined.

Also, someone mentioned that they might be able to use the same CR that they pulled to join.  When I called and applied for the CC they had to pull another copy of my CR.  They told me that even though they pulled my CR a day before when I joined, to apply for a CC they had to pull my report again.  But as with everything, YMMV. 

Message 4 of 52
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone.  I became a member of NFCU after seeing all the great talk about them.  Opened a savings and checking account by phone.  Clicked on My Offers and the Cash Rewards Visa is staring me in my face.

Should I just continue to garden for now and allow my membership to age a little or should I just go for it?

Congrats! NFCU does seem to be a little pull-happy. When I append for my Visa in Nov., they did a HP of course. But them when I wanted to recon the CL since they only gave me $2k, they said that they might do a second HP, even tho it was the next day!

Apparently there's some dept. that does all the credit approvals (NOT the people we talk to!) who decide if and when and how to pull CRs.

So, they'll probably say they're going to do a second HP. They even wanted to do a HP, instead of soft, for a CLI since I've had the acct less than 6 mos.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 52
FrugalRican
Blogger

Anyone have a link for NFCU website??
Thank you!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SynnDiesel wrote:

Anyone have a link for NFCU website??
Thank you!

www.navyfederal.org

Message 7 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay folks...

I went for it and received the dreaded 3-5 day review window.  And now we wait....tick...tick...tick...tick...

Message 8 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all congrats on becoming a member of NFCU , a great CU.

I joined NFCU in october last year and my scores were around 690 on each CR.

Applied for cash rewards next day boon instant approval $15k. Applied for navcheck instant approval peding verification.

A week later applied for flagship visa signature card ( no foreign transacion fees) 3-5 day message, got an approval message next day for $15k.

My offers didnt show me any pre approvals.

I am sure you will get approved for atleast 2 cards but its also income based the limits on those cards.

GOOD LUCK

Message 9 of 52
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

How do you become a member of NFCU..sorry if this question have been answered over and over cause I missed it. Thanks in advance.

Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.