cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a dummy (is this going to hurt me?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm a dummy (is this going to hurt me?)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been putting so much through my AMEX with my tiny 2k limit. I wanted to bump it up a little, but got DENIED! 

I got an increase at activation (oh, yeah..) so I was supposed to wait 6 months.  Whoops.

Is this going to hurt me with AMEX or anyone else?  I love my AMEX card.. 

I don't think it will. There's a thread about the 3x Amex CLI. 

You should read that and apply those tactics. It worked for me so far. 

In in there I believe you have to wait 61 days from account opening to ask for 3x your approved limit. Then every 6 months after that. I'm not sure, but your 6 months may have started over on a denial. 

Maybe be someone else can chime in.

While the thread does say that, it needs to be updated as you can apply for the 3X CLI at any point after activation.  The 61 day waiting period hasnt existed for well over a year.  If you are denied when you are eligible to try you have to wait 91 days to try again.  If you're approved you have to wait 181 days to try again.  If at any point you try too early, you'll be denied but it doesn't reset the clock.

Sweet. Good info

I got mine on activation last month.  So they do give them before 90 days.

I dont think anyone said that they didnt

rude.

In in there I believe you have to wait 61 days from account opening to ask for 3x your approved limit. Then every 6 months after that. I'm not sure, but your 6 months may have started over on a denial.

Message 11 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: I'm a dummy (is this going to hurt me?)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been putting so much through my AMEX with my tiny 2k limit. I wanted to bump it up a little, but got DENIED! 

I got an increase at activation (oh, yeah..) so I was supposed to wait 6 months.  Whoops.

Is this going to hurt me with AMEX or anyone else?  I love my AMEX card.. 

I don't think it will. There's a thread about the 3x Amex CLI. 

You should read that and apply those tactics. It worked for me so far. 

Maybe be someone else can chime in.

While the thread does say that, it needs to be updated as you can apply for the 3X CLI at any point after activation.  The 61 day waiting period hasnt existed for well over a year.  If you are denied when you are eligible to try you have to wait 91 days to try again.  If you're approved you have to wait 181 days to try again.  If at any point you try too early, you'll be denied but it doesn't reset the clock.

Sweet. Good info

I got mine on activation last month.  So they do give them before 90 days.

I dont think anyone said that they didnt

rude.

Having done it a little early myself, IT DOES NOT RESET.  In fact, they do not even bother with any other reason than you must wait until x time.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.