cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm about to go on a massive purge. Should I app new cards first?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm about to go on a massive purge. Should I app new cards first?

Just wonder how massive this purge has been? Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

I thought Cap One was going all MC on the QS line.  Just looking at their website now it shows the QS as a WEMC.

You're right about that. At the time I wrote this post, I wasn't aware of that Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Just wonder how massive this purge has been? Smiley Wink

Purge starts in April, with Barclays and Cabelas. I decided to not pay off the car just yet, but did pay off the personal loan.I need to use my Cabelas rewards before closing the account. 

I'm interested to see what happens to my scores. Im not buying anything until April of 2018, so I've got some time to rebound if scores dip. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fedxboy wrote:

Skimming over your stuff briefly, I don't know why you'd want to give up the BBR card for the 123 card, since you'd get $100 back a year minimum vs 3% TOPs.  I don't know, I thought most people wanted to switch from the 123 to the BBR.

It depends on the individual. I have both. I earn more cash back using my CR than I do BBR through a combination of categories & BankAmerideals. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes perfect sense if you are loyal to Bank of America. A lot of people sock drawer BBR on auto pay and it's a money-maker. It all depends on spend. Category bonuses and portal deals always win. If I plopped my money with Bank of America I would want multiple cards with them as well
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.