Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm addicted to credit scores!!!!

tag
akindofmagic
New Contributor

I'm addicted to credit scores!!!!

There must be a 12 step program somewhere for people like me.  It's February 27th and I've pulled the following credit scores this month alone:

My Fico:               eq. 776, exp, 798, tu 729
Privacy Guard:    eq. 744, exp, 762, tu 723
True Credit:         eq. 730, exp. 711, tu 724
VantageScore:    exp. 796 (grade C)  
CreditKarma:      768 (tu I think)
Wamu:                tu 742

I used to have a plastic monkey on my back and now I'm obsessed with reaching the 800 club.  I know they're all FAKO's except the my fico scores but I can't help myself - whenever I see the opportunity to get credit scores, I'm sold hook, line & sinker.  Anyone else with this affliction?

Also, is it me or is transunion all over the freakin' place?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm addicted to credit scores!!!!

akindofmagic wrote:
There must be a 12 step program somewhere for people like me. 

Funny you mention it.  There actually is: Smiley Very Happy

(Courtesy of MV)

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im completely addicted as well. I pull all 3 here at least 3 times a month. The curiosity just kills me.
Message 3 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sure, or we would not be in this forum!  Just temper your additction with the realization that a short term FICO score dont mean diddly squat up and until the point where you are actually applying for new credit.  The addiction can hurt $$$ you shell out in alternate long range plan that is not FICO obsessed.  You can reduce interest $$ paid over a period in ways that will hurt FICO, but who cares if you are not applying for credit?   Point in case:  you get a 0% BT offer that, if you take it, will hit you for an immed. hard inqy, and thus hurt FICO for 5 or more points.  No increase in CL, just a shifting of $$, probablly along with a BT fee of 3%.  But, wow!  You can then pay off 3 out of for of your current cards in full, and thus get an instant FICO boost, particularly if the payments on the other cards post before the BT posts to the new card.  But that is all gaming crap.  You know that hit for the BT approval will be gone in 12 months.  If you are not planning to apply for credti in the next 12 months, who cares?  Take the Fico hit, and enjoy the money in the pocket.  FICO is just a brain fart until it is needed in the applic for new credit. But always remember that maximizing FICO score in the short term may cost you money in the long term, and unnless new credit is in you plan, a FCIO max strategy is not the best plan of mice and men.
Hi, I am Robert, I am a FICO-holic!
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@akindofmagic wrote:
There must be a 12 step program somewhere for people like me.

Funny you mention it. There actually is: Smiley Very Happy
(Courtesy of MV)

#12 says it all for me: "12.) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others with credit problems, and to help more people straighten out their CRs, and become Supercontributors."
Message 5 of 24
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

I'm addicted too.  I'm trying to learn how to pull my scores every three months now.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

addicted? welcome to the club!
Message 7 of 24
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

I'm addicted too. I'm thinking about joining the 12-step program for FICOholics because I'm definitely chronic.

But it's also nice. TU has gone up 49 points since the end of Jan. I guess my obsession is paying off! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Message 8 of 24
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

BoysMumx2 wrote:
But it's also nice. TU has gone up 49 points since the end of Jan.

Congrats on the 49 point bump!  That's great.
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the score addicts club!!!!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.