cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused, Can someone please explain why CSP over Escape?

tag
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I'm confused, Can someone please explain why CSP over Escape?

From what I can tell these are the pros and cons.

Csp:

Pros= 40,000 bonus miles and 20% off flights, hotels etc. when redeeming miles for them. 2x points on dining and travel and 1x miles for everything else.

Cons= 3% foreign transaction fees, no primary rental insurance, and must redeem the miles through the rewards mall? af =$95?

Escape:

Pros= 25,000 bonus mile offer, 2x miles on every purchase, no foreign transaction fees, ability to redeem miles for any travel related expense purchased with the card, primary rental insurance,

Cons = af= 60, not accepted everywhere (even though when I traveled to Europe every store I was in accepted Diners club which I was able to use my discover card)

I don't know, am I missing something? If so I want in on it!!! Smiley Sad

Oh and the escape has a much lower apr?

Edit: I'm sorry, the regular saphire is the one with the FTF, my mistake.

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm confused, Can someone please explain to me why they chose CSP over Escape?

@theeurotuner wrote:

From what I can tell these are the pros and cons.

Csp:

Pros= 40,000 bonus miles and 20% off flights, hotels etc. when redeeming miles for them. 2x points on dining and travel and 1x miles for everything else.

Cons= 3% foreign transaction fees, no primary rental insurance, and must redeem the miles through the rewards mall? af =$95?

Escape:

Pros= 25,000 bonus mile offer, 2x miles on every purchase, no foreign transaction fees, ability to redeem miles for any travel related expense purchased with the card, primary rental insurance,

Cons = af= 60, not accepted everywhere (even though when I traveled to Europe every store I was in accepted Diners club which I was able to use my discover card)

I don't know, am I missing something? If so I want in on it!!! Smiley Sad

Oh and the escape has a much lower apr?

1) CSP doesn't have a FTF, so that is not a con.

2) CSP does have transfer of points one-to-one to partner programs.  That is where the real value lies.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.