Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused.....weird call with Chase

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I'm confused.....weird call with Chase

I applied on the 17th with chase for their bp visa. It is a visa card with bp gas rewards. When I applied online, it said they would check to see if I could be approved for that card and if not, they would try for the bp gas card itself. So I have called a few times and I get the same information from the csr that it is pending and I will know something in writing in two weeks. I have assumed that is a no. I called again this morning and talked to a csr that pulled up all my information and she said the application is still being looked at . She said it looks like it is in the process of being opened but it is not showing an approval or a denial. She said if it was a flat out denial, it would show as that. So I asked her if it was the visa or the bp store card and she said it had to be the visa because she would not see anything on the store card. I asked her if there was anything I could do, maybe someone to talk to and she said no that she generally tells people to wait about two weeks. Is this normal for Chase? I mean do I really have a shot at getting a card with them? I wonder what the deal is?? I counted the card out but this call gives me alittle hope. I have never dealt with Chase before so I don't really know how they work. I know with other companies, it's either yes or no. Any thoughts, suggestions?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm confused.....weird call with Chase

@snowkitty wrote:

I applied on the 17th with chase for their bp visa. It is a visa card with bp gas rewards. When I applied online, it said they would check to see if I could be approved for that card and if not, they would try for the bp gas card itself. So I have called a few times and I get the same information from the csr that it is pending and I will know something in writing in two weeks. I have assumed that is a no. I called again this morning and talked to a csr that pulled up all my information and she said the application is still being looked at . She said it looks like it is in the process of being opened but it is not showing an approval or a denial. She said if it was a flat out denial, it would show as that. So I asked her if it was the visa or the bp store card and she said it had to be the visa because she would not see anything on the store card. I asked her if there was anything I could do, maybe someone to talk to and she said no that she generally tells people to wait about two weeks. Is this normal for Chase? I mean do I really have a shot at getting a card with them? I wonder what the deal is?? I counted the card out but this call gives me alittle hope. I have never dealt with Chase before so I don't really know how they work. I know with other companies, it's either yes or no. Any thoughts, suggestions?

With your FICO and the length of time you're getting for review, I would say that your app is probably borderline. Generally, Chase likes over 700, more like 720+. I'm not sure of the difficulty for the card you apped. 

Since you have already called several times, I think your best bet is to wait and see. When I apped for Freedom earlier this year, I got the wait and see message. But when I called in the morning, the rep looked over my app and approved me for $3k. I called later and spoke with diff rep for higher CL, but they said no. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
snowkitty
Established Contributor

With your FICO and the length of time you're getting for review, I would say that your app is probably borderline. Generally, Chase likes over 700, more like 720+. I'm not sure of the difficulty for the card you apped. 

Since you have already called several times, I think your best bet is to wait and see. When I apped for Freedom earlier this year, I got the wait and see message. But when I called in the morning, the rep looked over my app and approved me for $3k. I called later and spoke with diff rep for higher CL, but they said no. 

It was really strange because the csr even sounded like it was weird but it gives me some hope. I wouldn't think the bp visa would be that hard to get when you look at it up against their other cards. I hope they approve it so I can get in the door with them at the least. I wonder if they are watching to see if I have anymore inquiries or maybe waiting to see some of my balances post.  Or maybe they are passing it around to each other and laughing that I would even ask them for credit....lol  I need to look at my Ex report because that is the only one I have not seen and I think that is what they pulled because it is not showing up on my eq or tu.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 3 of 6
compassion101
Established Contributor

Sounds like a first level type csr. You have to get around them

I'd call a recon line listed in the backdoor numbers thread and ask to speak to a credit analyst or whatever the term is at Chase for that person.

Message 4 of 6
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Well, I called the recon number and spoke to an analyst. She put me on hold for a while and then came back and said the app was pending for the bp store card. I told her that I applied for the bp visa and she said I did not qualify for the visa so it's in pending for the store card. Now two different people have told me two different things. Ugh! I am just going to let it go and see what happens. If they keep track of me calling, I will look like a stalker.....I just don't understand why it would pend for so long.

I looked at my credit reports this morning and found out they pulled EQ. That is where most of my creditors hav been pulling so I have several hard pulls on there. I am laying low and in the garden anyways so hopefully they are just seeing if I apply for anything else. It's so frustrating though. I just wanna know one way or the other  Smiley Indifferent

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 6
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I've been reading about this pending thing with Chase on other sites and it seems like alot of people get this with them.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.