Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-23-2007
0

I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

[ Edited ]

I always said when I app'd and got approved for the USAA Amex I would call it quits. Well 9 cards later (including the new USAA Amex) I hope so, lol.

 

I got approved for a 10K limit at a 10.9% APR. I was hoping to get lucky and get a lower APR (they go down to 7.75%!!!). Oh well, I know it was a long shot and I'm just excited to get the card. I've had my eye on it since 2007. The features are pretty incredible - they are all the same as the Amex Platinum Charge Card minus the airport lounge access and the $450 AF!!

 

Wahoo!!!! I hope the addiction/thirst/twitch for app'ing is done for me...at least for 5-7 years, lol.  I don't really garden - I'm more of a carnivore - but I'll borrow hauling's words: time for some credit gardening (and maybe a slow pruning process).=P

Message Edited by Pj1369 on 07-22-2009 02:33 AM
__________________________________________________
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

Congrats. Turn your 10.9% APR into 0%. PIF.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!


smallfry wrote:
Congrats. Turn your 10.9% APR into 0%. PIF.

 

Words to live by!!!

Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

Congrats
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎06-06-2009
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!


Pj1369 wrote:

I always said when I app'd and got approved for the USAA Amex I would call it quits. Well 9 cards later (including the new USAA Amex) I hope so, lol.

 

Wahoo!!!! I hope the addiction/thirst/twitch for app'ing is done for me...at least for 5-7 years, lol. 


Don't be so hard on yourself... Apping & opening these new accounts are a POSITIVE, reassuring experience. Let's go over some of the positives:

 

1) You get that renewed reassurance that you can still obtain new credit, it proves that you are still worthy (creditworthy) that you need - especially if it's been a few weeks since an app & approval...

2) You add a new account & limit that looks cool (to you) on your CR

3) You feel better about yourself after reading the posts on here about others obtaining great cards with nice CLs - it eases some of the envy, resentment, jealousy, etc. towards some of these lucky b**stards...

4) You get to "brag" to your friends & family about having all these high limits - it proves you are special, and probably better than they are....

5) When you go to the store to make a purchase and open your wallet to pay, you have to shuffle through all of these impressive cards - the clerk and people behind you look at you like you must be some sort of important, wealthy big shot...

6) And probably least important, you have more buying power now (that in my case I can't afford & don't need anyway...)

 

So you see, this addiction we have is a healthy, positive one. Don't feel guilty about it - embrace it, nurture it...

Smiley Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Established Contributor
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-23-2007
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

bigtim - hilarious - i'm lovin' your post. thanks all!
__________________________________________________
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Established Contributor
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-23-2007
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!


smallfry wrote:
Congrats. Turn your 10.9% APR into 0%. PIF.

 

That's the truth! However, I imagine it might be harder with USAA's new "minimum APR" on accounts. We'll see - it will happen!
__________________________________________________
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Established Member
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎07-13-2009
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!


bigtim wrote:

Pj1369 wrote:

I always said when I app'd and got approved for the USAA Amex I would call it quits. Well 9 cards later (including the new USAA Amex) I hope so, lol.

 

Wahoo!!!! I hope the addiction/thirst/twitch for app'ing is done for me...at least for 5-7 years, lol. 


Don't be so hard on yourself... Apping & opening these new accounts are a POSITIVE, reassuring experience. Let's go over some of the positives:

 

1) You get that renewed reassurance that you can still obtain new credit, it proves that you are still worthy (creditworthy) that you need - especially if it's been a few weeks since an app & approval...

2) You add a new account & limit that looks cool (to you) on your CR

3) You feel better about yourself after reading the posts on here about others obtaining great cards with nice CLs - it eases some of the envy, resentment, jealousy, etc. towards some of these lucky b**stards...

4) You get to "brag" to your friends & family about having all these high limits - it proves you are special, and probably better than they are....

5) When you go to the store to make a purchase and open your wallet to pay, you have to shuffle through all of these impressive cards - the clerk and people behind you look at you like you must be some sort of important, wealthy big shot...

6) And probably least important, you have more buying power now (that in my case I can't afford & don't need anyway...)

 

So you see, this addiction we have is a healthy, positive one. Don't feel guilty about it - embrace it, nurture it...

Smiley Very Happy


haha I love it!  Now those are words to live by!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/25/09 -- EQ 651 ; TU 634 ; EX: ??


2/22/10 -- EQ 652; TU 657; Ex: ??
Shootin' for 700!!!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 111
Registered: ‎09-26-2008
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

Congrats!!  Can you give us a better idea about your CRs (baddies, util, AAoA, etc?) Also, have long have you been with USAA and how many products do you have? Full member? I ask because i too am interested in this card and am a full USAA members, with similar scores to you...thanks for any feedback, and congrats (nice limit).
Established Contributor
Posts: 844
Registered: ‎09-23-2007
0

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!


Grape wrote:
Congrats!!  Can you give us a better idea about your CRs (baddies, util, AAoA, etc?) Also, have long have you been with USAA and how many products do you have? Full member? I ask because i too am interested in this card and am a full USAA members, with similar scores to you...thanks for any feedback, and congrats (nice limit).
Thanks, Grape. I have no baddies. I have been with USAA for two years - as a full, military family member. I now have 9 products with them (3 insurance, 4 banking, 2 investment). My EQ is around 740 - an inq fell off yesterday before app'ing, so it maybe a few points higher. Thanks again, and I hope this is helpful. I can't wait to get it!
__________________________________________________
Time to clean house and get rid of CCs from bad CCCs. Opt'd Out and Paying off the Balance: BofA. Closed: Chase Freedom. Keeping: Amex Blue, Amex Costco Cash back, Citi Forward, USAA MC, USAA Amex, and PenFed Platinum Cash Back. Next up for review: Chase Sapphire...
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.