cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

I always said when I app'd and got approved for the USAA Amex I would call it quits. Well 9 cards later (including the new USAA Amex) I hope so, lol.

I got approved for a 10K limit at a 10.9% APR. I was hoping to get lucky and get a lower APR (they go down to 7.75%!!!). Oh well, I know it was a long shot and I'm just excited to get the card. I've had my eye on it since 2007. The features are pretty incredible - they are all the same as the Amex Platinum Charge Card minus the airport lounge access and the $450 AF!!

Wahoo!!!! I hope the addiction/thirst/twitch for app'ing is done for me...at least for 5-7 years, lol.  I don't really garden - I'm more of a carnivore - but I'll borrow hauling's words: time for some credit gardening (and maybe a slow pruning process).=P

Message Edited by Pj1369 on 07-22-2009 02:33 AM
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm done...no more app'ing...I hope...USAA Amex!

Congrats. Turn your 10.9% APR into 0%. PIF.
Message 2 of 21
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

Words to live by!!!

Message 3 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats
Message 4 of 21
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I always said when I app'd and got approved for the USAA Amex I would call it quits. Well 9 cards later (including the new USAA Amex) I hope so, lol.

Wahoo!!!! I hope the addiction/thirst/twitch for app'ing is done for me...at least for 5-7 years, lol. 

Don't be so hard on yourself... Apping & opening these new accounts are a POSITIVE, reassuring experience. Let's go over some of the positives:

1) You get that renewed reassurance that you can still obtain new credit, it proves that you are still worthy (creditworthy) that you need - especially if it's been a few weeks since an app & approval...

2) You add a new account & limit that looks cool (to you) on your CR

3) You feel better about yourself after reading the posts on here about others obtaining great cards with nice CLs - it eases some of the envy, resentment, jealousy, etc. towards some of these lucky b**stards...

4) You get to "brag" to your friends & family about having all these high limits - it proves you are special, and probably better than they are....

5) When you go to the store to make a purchase and open your wallet to pay, you have to shuffle through all of these impressive cards - the clerk and people behind you look at you like you must be some sort of important, wealthy big shot...

6) And probably least important, you have more buying power now (that in my case I can't afford & don't need anyway...)

So you see, this addiction we have is a healthy, positive one. Don't feel guilty about it - embrace it, nurture it...

Smiley Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

bigtim - hilarious - i'm lovin' your post. thanks all!
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

That's the truth! However, I imagine it might be harder with USAA's new "minimum APR" on accounts. We'll see - it will happen!
Message 7 of 21
ArchEagleJ
Established Member

@bigtim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wahoo!!!! I hope the addiction/thirst/twitch for app'ing is done for me...at least for 5-7 years, lol. 

Don't be so hard on yourself... Apping & opening these new accounts are a POSITIVE, reassuring experience. Let's go over some of the positives:

1) You get that renewed reassurance that you can still obtain new credit, it proves that you are still worthy (creditworthy) that you need - especially if it's been a few weeks since an app & approval...

2) You add a new account & limit that looks cool (to you) on your CR

3) You feel better about yourself after reading the posts on here about others obtaining great cards with nice CLs - it eases some of the envy, resentment, jealousy, etc. towards some of these lucky b**stards...

4) You get to "brag" to your friends & family about having all these high limits - it proves you are special, and probably better than they are....

5) When you go to the store to make a purchase and open your wallet to pay, you have to shuffle through all of these impressive cards - the clerk and people behind you look at you like you must be some sort of important, wealthy big shot...

6) And probably least important, you have more buying power now (that in my case I can't afford & don't need anyway...)

So you see, this addiction we have is a healthy, positive one. Don't feel guilty about it - embrace it, nurture it...

Smiley Very Happy

haha I love it!  Now those are words to live by!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/25/09 -- EQ 651 ; TU 634 ; EX: ??

2/22/10 -- EQ 652; TU 657; Ex: ??
Shootin' for 700!!!
Message 8 of 21
Grape
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!  Can you give us a better idea about your CRs (baddies, util, AAoA, etc?) Also, have long have you been with USAA and how many products do you have? Full member? I ask because i too am interested in this card and am a full USAA members, with similar scores to you...thanks for any feedback, and congrats (nice limit).
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grape wrote:
Congrats!!  Can you give us a better idea about your CRs (baddies, util, AAoA, etc?) Also, have long have you been with USAA and how many products do you have? Full member? I ask because i too am interested in this card and am a full USAA members, with similar scores to you...thanks for any feedback, and congrats (nice limit).
Thanks, Grape. I have no baddies. I have been with USAA for two years - as a full, military family member. I now have 9 products with them (3 insurance, 4 banking, 2 investment). My EQ is around 740 - an inq fell off yesterday before app'ing, so it maybe a few points higher. Thanks again, and I hope this is helpful. I can't wait to get it!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.