Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm done with Chase.

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'm done with Chase.

I have a Freedom card that PC'd from an old Providian account.  Evidently they don't like that.  My CL has been stuck at $1k since they have had it.  APR stuck at 28.24%(odd huh)  I've never been late with them or when it was with Providian.  I burned a HP for a CLI.  Got a whopping $500.  Called about my APR, nothing. My FICO's are low 700's with no CC lates.  The only derogs are two collections from 6 years ago.  They were my daily back-up to Amex.  No more.  I'll take .25% on Discover just out of spite.  I'll still use it for 5% and their ultimate rewards online store for 5-20% deals but they will not get any normal 1% usage from me, I'd rather use my debit card.  The thing got heavy heavy usage too.  Their loss.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm done with Chase.

You could always switch to hard-copy statements. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
singulardedication
Valued Member

@drkaje wrote:

You could always switch to hard-copy statements. Smiley Happy

Or perhaps also doing your payments from on-line bill pay like $5 a day from different banks.  See if you can break a limit in the maximum number of payments Smiley Happy

Then start a blog for rallying anti-chase customers together.

Starting Score: TU 732 | EQ 655 | EX Plus 725 [Jan 2012]
Current Score: TU 697 | EQ 694 | EX 659 (psecu) [aPRIL 2012]
Goal Score: 760 In Aggressive paydown mode, thinking Amex BCE for 2013

Message 3 of 13
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I've read you can have more than one Freedom card.  Maybe if you applied for another "real" originating Chase Freedom, it would be better.  Or not.  Maybe they don't like your derogs?  You'd rather use your debit than the Freedom?  Is it because of the HP?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 4 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I have a Freedom card that PC'd from an old Providian account.  Evidently they don't like that.  My CL has been stuck at $1k since they have had it.  APR stuck at 28.24%(odd huh)  I've never been late with them or when it was with Providian.  I burned a HP for a CLI.  Got a whopping $500.  Called about my APR, nothing. My FICO's are low 700's with no CC lates.  The only derogs are two collections from 6 years ago.  They were my daily back-up to Amex.  No more.  I'll take .25% on Discover just out of spite.  I'll still use it for 5% and their ultimate rewards online store for 5-20% deals but they will not get any normal 1% usage from me, I'd rather use my debit card.  The thing got heavy heavy usage too.  Their loss.

This is more than likely what is holding you back from higher CLI's. Try gardening the account for a year. Give it good usgae/payment history and you can either wait until the collections drop off in a year or try to resolve them with PFD's if not paid or GW's if paid.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 13
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

hey if i where you i would consolidate that cl i had an old wamu card with the same deal as you. had a 1k cl and when it went to chase it was 27% had them send the 1k over to my amazon and now my amazon is at 2.8k

Message 6 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

This is more than likely what is holding you back from higher CLI's. Try gardening the account for a year. Give it good usgae/payment history and you can either wait until the collections drop off in a year or try to resolve them with PFD's if not paid or GW's if paid.

I agree, it probably is.  If they are that hung up over something that old then I'll take my business somewhere else.  Amex didn't mind.  Discover didn't mind. I have given the card heavy use for the two years they have had it and have never missed a payment.  I have shown them I pay my credit cards. 

As for the collections, I won't pay them.  One the business has went out of business and they other is 2.5x what I actually owe.  I tried paying what I owed at the time and they refused, I won't pay something I don't owe just on principle.

Message 7 of 13
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Leave Chase behind. They're prime but I don't like how they treat their customers. I've been a non-Chase customer for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 13
lithium78
Established Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Leave Chase behind. They're prime but I don't like how they treat their customers. I've been a non-Chase customer for over a year now and I couldn't be happier. Smiley Happy

I used to have my accounts with WaMu back in the day, but when Chase took over it was a huge mess.  I had just moved for a new job, so money was tight, and Chase would purposefully hold my checking account transactions for days in an attempt to trick me into overdrawing so they could charge me NSF fees.  They were really sneaky about it.  Needless to say, I closed my accounts and took them elsewhere and they lost out on a lot of deposits and interchange fees because they decided to screw with me.  I won't do any kind of business with Chase.  I don't even like it when people give me Chase gift cards.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 9 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@boomhower wrote:

I agree, it probably is.  If they are that hung up over something that old then I'll take my business somewhere else.  Amex didn't mind.  Discover didn't mind. I have given the card heavy use for the two years they have had it and have never missed a payment.  I have shown them I pay my credit cards. 

As for the collections, I won't pay them.  One the business has went out of business and they other is 2.5x what I actually owe.  I tried paying what I owed at the time and they refused, I won't pay something I don't owe just on principle.

Why not dispute them?? You have a great chance of them removing because they cant verify.

Also, I don't blame you if you leave Chase behind, 2 years of good history should mean something!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.