cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm dreaming of a Bank of Americard...

tag
Jimmy9224
Contributor

Re: I'm dreaming of a Bank of Americard...

I recently got the bofa cash rewards card so I can't chime in on CLD's or poor CSR My bofa has a good rewards program when the rotating category for my discover doesn't cover it with 5% For the sake of argument, bofa gives me 3% cash back on gas while in April I'll receive just .25% with my discover (my cap one gives me 1%) Also they have the 12 month 0% apr , also spending just 500 in the first three months gets you a $100 dollar bonus! You also get 10% more cash back I believe if you redeem your rewards into your own bofa checking or savings account. My Experien was 715 when applying with 0 baddies, never a late payment, an AAoA of just 9 months, and a utlilzation of 19% Good luck to you! I believe you have the score to do it, just gotta fix that high utli, the inquiries won't be much of a factor, at least it wasn't for me (had 15, 5 in the 6 months prior to applying)
My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 21 of 34
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

I was going to say, I remember your case of the 35 cards, and your util not going down anytime soon.

Personally, I'm not digging BoA too much. I have not gotten any auto-luv from them in over 3 years, more than likely since they acquired MBNA.

And their customer service has by far, been the most sub-par I've ever encountered.

As soon as you tell a rep that you don't want to buy any of their insurances, they give you the coldest treatment you could ever receive.

Their CSRs have never even mentioned their insurance products to me, although I will agree that their phone reps aren't very friendly. Comparing them to Chase is like night and day. I think it's only a matter of time before I switch over all my banking, not just my CCs.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 22 of 34
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I have a mortgage, two checking accounts, a savings account and eq fico of 808. When i have looked under my special offers on the website, I have never had a credit card listed there.

I wouldn't take it if I did, but it's the thought that counts, and I can tell what they think of me Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
I have a mortgage, two checking accounts, a savings account and eq fico of 808. When i have looked under my special offers on the website, I have never had a credit card listed there.

I wouldn't take it if I did, but it's the thought that counts, and I can tell what they think of me Smiley Happy

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 34
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

My experience with their Amex cash rewards card is just "bleh".

Got the card in December 2010. They pulled both EX and TU. So two inquires which irked me.

They finally gave me an auto 2k CLI on my last statement bringing me up to 9.5k after having card now for over a year. They didn't even notify me. Just logged in to see my balance and happened to notice my new CL.

The cash rewards are 1.25% (i think, not even sure anymore) on all purchases. But I have to call in to get it, which is a waste of time for me so haven't bothered yet. I think that's what they're hoping for.

Their CS isn't the best. Had an issue with the same charge showing up twice. Called them and had nothing but problems getting it removed.

I just wanted a simple cash back card as I don't do categories. Looking back, I probably could have found a better one.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ficonightmare wrote:

Got the card in December 2010. They pulled both EX and TU. So two inquires which irked me.

They finally gave me an auto 2k CLI on my last statement bringing me up to 9.5k after having card now for over a year. They didn't even notify me. Just logged in to see my balance and happened to notice my new CL.

The cash rewards are 1.25% (i think, not even sure anymore) on all purchases. But I have to call in to get it, which is a waste of time for me so haven't bothered yet. I think that's what they're hoping for.

Their CS isn't the best. Had an issue with the same charge showing up twice. Called them and had nothing but problems getting it removed.

I just wanted a simple cash back card as I don't do categories. Looking back, I probably could have found a better one.

What other cards do you have?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 34
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@ficonightmare wrote:

What other cards do you have?

Barclays B&N MC (love Barclays but hoping for an eventual product change).

Citi Dividend Select MC

Chase Sapphire Visa

AMEX Zync

GEMB PayPal MC (must get rid of this card).

BOA Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards.

My favorite is the CITI card but it has a 300 or 350 cashback cap per year.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 27 of 34
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Big point FAKO increase on my Experian this morning.

Historically, when BofA pulls my Experian Fico, it's about 20 points higher than my FAKO.

I'm soooooo tempted to hit that app button....but I think that my score will increase MORE in about three weeks, and my util should drop more as well....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a BoA customer for around 10yrs for checking and savings. I recently applied for a CC with them (The BankAmericard Cash Rewards ) and got approved for $2500. Within 1 week it increases to $20,000.

All my experiences with BoA has been positive, all the people at their local branches are very nice, I never have been hassled. Their CSR as well (although they may not be as knoweldgeable, so its a good pratice to call in the 2nd time to verify).

But the reason why I choose them is because they are everywhere in my neighborhood, you can't avoid seeing their logo wherever you go.

Message 29 of 34
h4ldol
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a BoA customer for around 10yrs for checking and savings. I recently applied for a CC with them (The BankAmericard Cash Rewards ) and got approved for $2500. Within 1 week it increases to $20,000.

All my experiences with BoA has been positive, all the people at their local branches are very nice, I never have been hassled. Their CSR as well (although they may not be as knoweldgeable, so its a good pratice to call in the 2nd time to verify).

But the reason why I choose them is because they are everywhere in my neighborhood, you can't avoid seeing their logo wherever you go.

Wow, nice!  Was the $2,500 > $20,000 CLI done automatically by BofA or did you call them?

I also use them because they are the most ubiquitous bank in the country, I've never been anywhere that I didn't see them around. 

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.