Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm feeling a little lighter...

tag
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I'm feeling a little lighter...

After much frustration with Capital One, I decided that enough was enough; and finally cancelled one of my cards with them.  I would have cancelled both, but I'm waiting for the other account to age for about six more months...

Never thought I'd feel so good about cancelling a credit card...but believe me, I do!  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm feeling a little lighter...

@digitaldiva wrote:

After much frustration with Capital One, I decided that enough was enough; and finally cancelled one of my cards with them.  I would have cancelled both, but I'm waiting for the other account to age for about six more months...

Never thought I'd feel so good about cancelling a credit card...but believe me, I do!  Smiley Happy

What did they do, that made you cancel it?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

The subprime ego booster................axe on my friend!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

When you outgrow them cut them loose.  If you are stuck with a rebuilder it won't grow with you and you have to just shut it done at some point.

Message 4 of 13
Smug
Established Contributor

Love cutting up sub prime cards, and some prime if the piss me offSmiley Happy
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

When you outgrow them cut them loose.  If you are stuck with a rebuilder it won't grow with you and you have to just shut it done at some point.

+1

I did get a CLI with my HH CC but I just don't see the point in having it anymore with the prime cards I have now, and $59 AF to boot!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

What did they do, that made you cancel it?

Just got tired of dealing with them telling me that my account wasn't eligible for an increase (come on, after almost three years; with no missed payments?), poor customer service, billing errors...

I could go on but, well, everyone knows how they are...

Message 7 of 13
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

The subprime ego booster................axe on my friend!!!!!

Thanks, LS!!  It's feels sooo good to let a subprime card go!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Household is 1 of the 2 subprimes I have left (cap1 is the other lol) but i need to keep them awhile longer, i think i can get CLI's from them even though its extremely rare. HH is going down this week.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 13
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Household is 1 of the 2 subprimes I have left (cap1 is the other lol) but i need to keep them awhile longer, i think i can get CLI's from them even though its extremely rare. HH is going down this week.

Cap1 is my other subprime card as well, but I want to let that account age for a bit before letting them go...  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.