Frequent Contributor
digitaldiva

I'm feeling a little lighter...

After much frustration with Capital One, I decided that enough was enough; and finally cancelled one of my cards with them.  I would have cancelled both, but I'm waiting for the other account to age for about six more months...

Never thought I'd feel so good about cancelling a credit card...but believe me, I do!  :smileyhappy:

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!!!

In the garden since 05 Aug 14...
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Re: I'm feeling a little lighter...

digitaldiva wrote:

After much frustration with Capital One, I decided that enough was enough; and finally cancelled one of my cards with them.  I would have cancelled both, but I'm waiting for the other account to age for about six more months...

Never thought I'd feel so good about cancelling a credit card...but believe me, I do!  :smileyhappy:

What did they do, that made you cancel it?

Mega Contributor
LS2982

digitaldiva wrote:

The subprime ego booster................axe on my friend!!!!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
boomhower

When you outgrow them cut them loose.  If you are stuck with a rebuilder it won't grow with you and you have to just shut it done at some point.

Established Contributor
Smug

Love cutting up sub prime cards, and some prime if the piss me off:smileyhappy:
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Mega Contributor
LS2982

boomhower wrote:

When you outgrow them cut them loose.  If you are stuck with a rebuilder it won't grow with you and you have to just shut it done at some point.

+1

I did get a CLI with my HH CC but I just don't see the point in having it anymore with the prime cards I have now, and $59 AF to boot!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
digitaldiva

Repo-ed wrote:

digitaldiva wrote:

What did they do, that made you cancel it?

Just got tired of dealing with them telling me that my account wasn't eligible for an increase (come on, after almost three years; with no missed payments?), poor customer service, billing errors...

I could go on but, well, everyone knows how they are...

Frequent Contributor
digitaldiva

LS2982 wrote:

digitaldiva wrote:

The subprime ego booster................axe on my friend!!!!!

Thanks, LS!!  It's feels sooo good to let a subprime card go!  :smileyhappy:

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Household is 1 of the 2 subprimes I have left (cap1 is the other lol) but i need to keep them awhile longer, i think i can get CLI's from them even though its extremely rare. HH is going down this week.

Starting Score:
Frequent Contributor
digitaldiva

LS2982 wrote:
Household is 1 of the 2 subprimes I have left (cap1 is the other lol) but i need to keep them awhile longer, i think i can get CLI's from them even though its extremely rare. HH is going down this week.

Cap1 is my other subprime card as well, but I want to let that account age for a bit before letting them go...  :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+