cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm finally getting CC offers in the mail!

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I'm finally getting CC offers in the mail!

This month, March 2015, is the month where I am finally starting to receive pre-approvals in the mail. This is the first time this is happening in the 4 years since I got my first credit card.

The first one that came in was for Credit One. Needless to say, that one was torn up instantly.

I've gotten 3 so far from Capital One for the Quicksilver card.

Today, I got one for Home Depot.

I'm not going to apply for any of these because I do not want them. It is just nice to know that I am wanted LOL.

I guess this is just the start and I won't know that I have finally arrived until I receive a pre-approval from Simmons First.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm finally getting CC offers in the mail!

don't worry, you're always wanted by credit one or first premire Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah you and me both, CapOne mailed me a preapproved offer for some horrible card with no meaningful benefits, a high APR, and an annual fee. First offer I ever got!

I was torn between framing it and hanging it on my wall, and throwing it in the trash. After admiring it for a good long while and showing it off to my wife I decided it belonged in the trash.

Feels good though huh?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

preapprovals since december 2014:   CSP (yes), Cap 1 GM (trashed-canceled two cards I had with them), FNBO AMEX (threw out), SLATE (tons of them-threw out), Credit One (need I say-trashed), Citi Diamond preferred (got it today, trashed, though it's still in the house).  Got a NFCU card with a 10K limit and CSP both in January along with the 4 cards I still have, so I don't need anything else.  It's fun just to read the offers.  Best thing about cards is to have some credit and a near-zero balance.  It took me 54 years to get to this point.

Message 4 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Oh my..... I really must have dropped with Cap1's internal rating. Just got a pre-approval for QS1 with 39$ AF and 22,9% APR....how did that happen?? I already have the QS Visa Signature with 12,9% and no AF.    😛. They could have saved paper and postage!

Message 5 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

Once it starts. It never stops. Careful what you wish for. I'm sure many lenders just throw em out there to see what sticks. 

Message 6 of 9
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

I receive "PRE-APPROVED" offers from First Premier all the time, about once every few months. I always open the envelope and browse through the Cardmember Agreements and I always chuckle since their terms are quite ridiculous. Needless to say those offers always go right into the trashbin. 

Although it's pretty funny because ever since I signed up with Marriott Rewards a few years ago, I'm contantly getting emails to apply for the Marriot Rewards CC from Chase. Then I stayed at the local Ritz-Carlton for my birthday and now I get pre-selected offers in the mail every few months for the Chase Ritz-Carlton CC. I actually applied for the Marriott CC once, but was insta-denied. Plus, I know for sure that I have no chance at the Ritz card yet. 

Shame, because the Ritz offer always comes with such a nice presentation too. What a waste! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@macuserftw wrote:

I receive "PRE-APPROVED" offers from First Premier all the time, about once every few months. I always open the envelope and browse through the Cardmember Agreements and I always chuckle since their terms are quite ridiculous. Needless to say those offers always go right into the trashbin. 

Although it's pretty funny because ever since I signed up with Marriott Rewards a few years ago, I'm contantly getting emails to apply for the Marriot Rewards CC from Chase. Then I stayed at the local Ritz-Carlton for my birthday and now I get pre-selected offers in the mail every few months for the Chase Ritz-Carlton CC. I actually applied for the Marriott CC once, but was insta-denied. Plus, I know for sure that I have no chance at the Ritz card yet. 

Shame, because the Ritz offer always comes with such a nice presentation too. What a waste! Smiley Tongue

You might be suprised, Marriott actually has pretty lenient underwritting standards from what I have seen.. People in the 630's getting approved.  Obviously the better the score the better, but one set APR and at least a 5k CL..  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.