Did you mean: 

I'm freezing EX!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm freezing EX!

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
With EX it apparently takes 25 months forinqs to fall off. What the hell???!!! Smiley Frustrated

Baller and others, hate to ask in CAs thread but want to know if freezing EX what will that do to my chance at CLI with Amex in Feb and any new cards I want to grab from Chase and AMEX in 2015.  What will they do?   Should I avoid freezing for now?  My EQ/TU are clean.

Shouldn't do anything for your CLI, As it's a SP pull from current creditor.

New card from Chase, you'll need to apply and have them ask you for EX pin IF they pull EX for that app.

Message 41 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

Amex can Cli from their last sp. For new apps you can give Amex and Chase a pin to pull EX. I don't mind doing that. It's the surprise addtl pulls from lenders that are known to pull other bureaus that ticks me off. Freezing EX minimizes that.
Message 42 of 92
baller4life
Super Contributor

Barry if you app thru Chase Pre-qual site, they pull TU. Just fyi.
Message 43 of 92
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

My TU score is the highest out of all my FICOs, but I've never gotten a Chase pre-qual offer. Hmmmmmm.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 44 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

This is true that is how i got my freedom and csp.. Single pull to TU through pre-qual siteSmiley Happy... 

Message 45 of 92
Involver
Valued Contributor

To whomever said it earlier (no quoting on phone), freezing a credit report is definitely NOT illegal. Please don't share misinformation like that.
Message 46 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

My TU score is the highest out of all my FICOs, but I've never gotten a Chase pre-qual offer. Hmmmmmm.

Sure you are OPT'ed in?  If I can get pre-quals still from their site with a 704 TU score, you surely can.  They have the slate showing for me currently with the best  APR%, but no interest in that dumb card

Message 47 of 92
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Sure you are OPT'ed in?  If I can get pre-quals still from their site with a 704 TU score, you surely can.  They have the slate showing for me currently with the best  APR%, but no interest in that dumb card

I see. Last time I checked, Barclays had me at a 735. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 48 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Involver wrote:
To whomever said it earlier (no quoting on phone), freezing a credit report is definitely NOT illegal. Please don't share misinformation like that.

+1 not illegal at all.. Although speaking about it on MyFico to get a "better" bureau pulled is frowned upon.. Not illegal by any means.

Message 49 of 92
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I see. Last time I checked, Barclays had me at a 735. 

go to optinprescreen or whatever again and opt-in to make sureSmiley Happy

Message 50 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.