I'm giving up on credit cards.

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm giving up on credit cards.

@azguy13 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@navistar wrote:

The moderators around here have a tough time distinguishing "good-hearted brute honesty" with disrespect. Seems every topic must be answered with pixie dust sprinkles on top while shaking pom poms.

Just wondering if we are grown ups 

I'd be more than happy with the ban hammer, just saying.

Shogun is like Credit Thor

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 81 of 110
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@navistar wrote:

The moderators around here have a tough time distinguishing "good-hearted brute honesty" with disrespect. Seems every topic must be answered with pixie dust sprinkles on top while shaking pom poms.

I'm so stealing this pic!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 82 of 110
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@navistar wrote:

I'm so stealing this pic!!!!!

lol, thought you'd like it.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 83 of 110
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@navistar wrote:

To be quite blunt regarding your past postings: if you wouldn't say it to someone directly because you're likely to either get smacked, or down in HR in corporate America, don't do it here.

Brutal honesty can still be done in a polite and respectful manner: pixie dust be damned, this site is not about Rainbows and Unicorns, nor is any other online one; however, we mandate that everyone be treated with respect as it takes non-trivial courage to admit one's mistakes publicly, and the absolute last thing that should happen is for them to get rudely slapped, belittled, or anything else which will cause them to simply walk away.

This is a community, and right, wrong, or indifferent it will be protected.  It's that simple.

As I've stated privately to you, I'll do so again publicly for everyone: there are multiple sites which cater to credit education in all it's glory: if you don't like the standards we have set, you are more than welcome to go elsewhere... and if someone cannot behave, we will simply remove their choice in the matter.

--Revelate, myFICO moderator

        
Message 84 of 110
navistar
Regular Contributor

settle down revelate. I think that imaginary crown is squeezing your head a little bit. I mentioned that i didnt feel the thread was being disrespective and others chimed in with agreement. The other mods were able to control things without letting everyone know they can "gladly find the door". Thats the reason you have been ignored from my pm box. Now your telling me to leave again. Too bad I cant block you from the main screen.

BTW, the thread has moved on and your a little late, your majesty.

MyFico Equifax - 691
MyFico Experian - 692
Barclay Transunion - 682 (Last Updated 03/21/14)

Citi Diamond Preferred - $2,300 / Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage - $5,600 / Barclay - $4,600 / GE Care Credit - $1,000
Current Utilization - 52% / AAoA - 6yrs
Message 85 of 110
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

I will be encouraging: Giving up credit cards sounds like a capital idea for the OP.

It seems clear to me that the OP solicits advice here for the purpose of ignoring it and will continue to do so. Since that is unlikely to stop, perhaps the forum should stop advising him.

“Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Message 86 of 110
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@navistar wrote:

settle down revelate. I think that imaginary crown is squeezing your head a little bit. I mentioned that i didnt feel the thread was being disrespective and others chimed in with agreement. The other mods were able to control things without letting everyone know they can "gladly find the door". Thats the reason you have been ignored from my pm box. Now your telling me to leave again. Too bad I cant block you from the main screen.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 87 of 110
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This thread is locked and under Moderator review.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 88 of 110
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@navistar wrote:

ban_hammer.jpg

July 2013 score:

Message 89 of 110
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now unlocked, if anybody else has something to say, please make sure it is pertinent and adheres to the TOS of myFICO.

Thank you, that is all

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shogun

July 2013 score:

Message 90 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.