Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to be on Suze Orman!!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I'm going to be on Suze Orman!!

CreditAddict, have you heard anything about when you will be on?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I already filmed but have not heard of air dates.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is phenomenal! Congratulations
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy cow. How did I miss this?

That is sooooo cool! 

Was it fun? Were you nervous? Was she nice to ya, or did she beat ya up? LOL

Message 14 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have always wanted to meet her, so it was kind of a dream... but sure wish it had been under better circumstances.

During the show, she really yelled at me and beat me up, but after the show she talked to me for a little while which was really nice.

Overall it is very embarrassing but part of dealing with it is being honest to myself and the people that are important in my life. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have always wanted to meet her, so it was kind of a dream... but sure wish it had been under better circumstances.

During the show, she really yelled at me and beat me up, but after the show she talked to me for a little while which was really nice.

Overall it is very embarrassing but part of dealing with it is being honest to myself and the people that are important in my life. 

I knew you'd come out battered and bruised. Sorry about that.  But, you're right it is for good reason and in the end it will be something you'll always remember and a great way to help remind you to stay on the straight path. 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless she gave you a pile of cash, of what benefit to you was it to go on her show and air your dirty laundry? That's what I never got about that woman's show; she does not offer any advice that cannot be obtained here on this forum or other forums like this one. Often, the advice here is much more thorough and intelligent. And the people here aren't out to make a buck on your misfortune and humilate you.
Message 17 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

very true in a lot of regards.  I had always heard that once your on though, you can get help from her anytime... I was thinking the show might set me up with a financial advisor or something, kind of like Dr. Phil with his after the show resources... that is not the case, I do have direct numbers and e-mail to get in touch with her quickly with less channels so we will see in the next month or so when I contact again with more of an action plan if she does help me some more... but currently based on just the taping, I would say I probably wouldn't do it again if it wasn't the fact that I needed to be yelled at and have it out there so I can't hide from it anymore.
Message 18 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
very true in a lot of regards.  I had always heard that once your on though, you can get help from her anytime... I was thinking the show might set me up with a financial advisor or something, kind of like Dr. Phil with his after the show resources... that is not the case, I do have direct numbers and e-mail to get in touch with her quickly with less channels so we will see in the next month or so when I contact again with more of an action plan if she does help me some more... but currently based on just the taping, I would say I probably wouldn't do it again if it wasn't the fact that I needed to be yelled at and have it out there so I can't hide from it anymore.

i too was under the impression this was how it worked, am sorry to hear it isn't.  i do still hope she can help going forward when you contact her, you deserve a lot of credit for addressing this in such a dramatic way, i'd imagine that alone has some value added to perhaps shake things up a bit as you continue to make progress.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.