cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm going to get a new Credit One credit card!

tag
noober0x
Established Member

I'm going to get a new Credit One credit card!

I can't believe it!  I actually got a Credit One card offer in the mail today!

A $300 limit, sweet!

29.90% APR!  Unbelievable!

$99 annual fee but only $75 the first year!  Amazing!

ONLY $19 a year if I want to add my girlfriend on to this fantastic card!

8% cash advance fees!  How could I say no?

They charge interest on your purchases the day your purchase posts!  Fantastic!

I'm going to come out of the garden and apply for this card right now!  I'm so excited!

(Seriously....  How are these guys still in business?)

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I'm going to get a new Credit One credit card!

Marketing to you is obvious a waste of money. You would think they would send out offers to those who meet their credit profile.
We must remember, these cc's exist for a reason- high rates, exorbitant fees and all.

Still, I agree it's sad they are still in business.
Message 2 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

wow only $300 my offer was for up to $1500 but went in the trash, I do like how it says on the envelope, from Las Vegas NV, guess its a gamble

Message 3 of 18
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Wow. What did you do wrong to get an offer from them! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 18
recordaras
Valued Member

Did you happen to check their online preapprovals recently? There was a link on here a couple of days ago about getting a free FAKO score when checking whether they have anything for you.

By the way they said that I wasn't worthy of any of their great products. Smiley Sad Feeling very jealous right now, after all those perks you mentioned!

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 5 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@recordaras wrote:

Did you happen to check their online preapprovals recently? There was a link on here a couple of days ago about getting a free FAKO score when checking whether they have anything for you.

By the way they said that I wasn't worthy of any of their great products. Smiley Sad Feeling very jealous right now, after all those perks you mentioned!

Don't feel bad. I did it just to see and have been getting declined from them since January. I have excellent credit, so I find it funny that a company like this says I am not qualified for them.

Message 6 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

@recordaras wrote:

No but I did use http://www.creditcards.com/

Message 7 of 18
noober0x
Established Member

@john398 wrote:

wow only $300 my offer was for up to $1500 but went in the trash, I do like how it says on the envelope, from Las Vegas NV, guess its a gamble

Oh I just looked and you're right, it's up to $1500.  I was reading the fine print.  Haha.  Mine goes to... Las Vegas as well.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 8 of 18
recordaras
Valued Member

Hmm, that's odd - I actually got my BCE through creditcards.com and haven't had anything from Credit One... I wonder if it's just some random mailing that targeted at a very broad group of people in the hope of getting at least someone to sign up. (Although that's just my jealousy speaking - $300 CL!)

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 9 of 18
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Please please please send back the prepaid envelope.......with the shreded app. They tried to charge me $9 to close my account! *Bitchslapped* that nonsense out the way!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.