Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm gonna need 12 steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna need 12 steps

Or something to keep me from apping again. After I swore to myself that I'd stop at Target, I app'd again... and again! Smiley Surprised

You see, I got this e-mail for a Barnes & Noble MC. It had rewards! I shop there ALL the time, so I started thinking... 5% on top of the discount that I already get with my B&N Membership card. Plus, other perks. What's one little inquiry more? I mean, come on...  I really love that place. So, I app'd. Then I felt regretful. Smiley Indifferent I just knew I was going to be declined. But I got instantly approved! Smiley Happy

I was so excited and happy. Then I remembered that I needed to go to either Target or Walmart to get some new socks and undies for the kids (I hate dingy looking socks, and you know what mothers say about having nice undies in the event of an accident). So, I started thinking about how cool it would be if I had my redcard in hand already, with the 10% off coupon that's supposed to come with it. And that lead me to wonder if Walmart had a card... Apparently they do. Before I could stop myself I was apping for that online, and I got approved! Smiley Surprised

So, I'm 3 for 3. Smiley Very Happy

But, I have to STOP. No more apping. No more! I'm done. Somebody, please help me... I'm afraid that when I go into Kids Gap today that they're going to ask if I want a card. Fico Gurus, can you send 10,000 angels to keep me from apping? I need to remain app free until Spring 2009!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm gonna need 12 steps

Let me help you! I've never apped for Gap, but I've heard they are a little bit harder to get then some of the other GEMB cards....so just keep thinking to yourself how embarassing it would be to get declined at the counter in front of the school shopping rush!!!Smiley Very Happy

Now back away from the computer and lock your keyboard so you can't apply online!!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

we have a 12 step program- Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah... I think that did it. WHOO! There's no telling what I might have done if it wasn't for the unpleasant vision of public humiliation! Smiley Very Happy

I think I'm back on the wagon. I think I'll join you in the credit garden.

Let me help you! I've never apped for Gap, but I've heard they are a little bit harder to get then some of the other GEMB cards....so just keep thinking to yourself how embarassing it would be to get declined at the counter in front of the school shopping rush!!!

Now back away from the computer and lock your keyboard so you can't apply online!!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My name is LilMirth, and I'm an Appaholic...

Message 5 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I think I need to change on of the steps into No More Apping!!!!!!!!!!!

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ficoholics Anonymous saved my life... err... my credit score (which is pretty much your life).

No  more apping.

No more apping.

No more apping!
Message 7 of 9
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

you have fallen for the lure of REWARDS, which is largely a ploy to get you to buy more stuff.  Afraid you'll just have to learn to say NO!
Message 8 of 9
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Hahahaha!  That's too funny.  It sure is addicting apping for cards.  I told myself since I just got the Juniper MC that there would be no more apping until Nov 09!  Well, I happened to be on the Home Depot website, just browsing... I don't know what came over me... and I apped for their store card!  Ugh!  Got the 7-10 day message.  Well, I have been really worried.  It's day 9 now and I haven't heard anything yet.  Shame on me, I feel so guilty.  I've heard it's called 'appers remorse'.  LOL
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.