Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in with BOA again Yeah !!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: I'm in with BOA again Yeah !!!!!!!!

@CS800 wrote:

Im hoping to carry this balance for the full 12 months. I just did the BT today first time. So i have up till July 2013

You don't want to do BT with the card for a long time period of time. You might end up $1k CL like me.  It is a good card to have as long as you pay in full. Is there any BT fee fee?

Ron.

Message 31 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Im hoping to carry this balance for the full 12 months. I just did the BT today first time. So i have up till July 2013

You don't want to do BT with the card for a long time period of time. You might end up $1k CL like me.  It is a good card to have as long as you pay in full. Is there any BT fee fee?

Ron.

There is a 4% BT fee but im getting 0% for 12 months.

I transferred my Barclay Visa (20.99 APR) and my BCE (18.99 APR) to this card. My combined BT is about $4500

Message 32 of 44
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Ron.

I transferred my Barclay Visa (20.99 APR) and my BCE (18.99 APR) to this card. My combined BT is about $4500

Personally, I thnk that was a smart move. Even with the fee, you are much better off interest wise. 0 % looks pretty darn nice. I would risk it and let it ride for a while.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 33 of 44
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Ron.

I think it's a good deal. Don't take too long to pay it off.

Ron.

Message 34 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Should I milk it all the way for the 12 months?. I technically could pay this off in 6 months. Then I'm CC debt free. I just want to keep some history on it.

Im also contemplating closing my Zync Card since I dont use it at all. The AF is due in September.

Message 35 of 44
Ron1
Super Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Ron.

Ron.

Should I milk it all the way for the 12 months?. I technically could pay this off in 6 months. Then I'm CC debt free. I just want to keep some history on it.

Im also contemplating closing my Zync Card since I dont use it at all. The AF is due in September.

If you want to keep it all way for 12 months, you would keep small balance under $1K.  It may avoid CLD.  Close it if you don't use it. I might want to close my Plum Card in August  and I didn't find it useful.

Ron.

Message 36 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

I want to close my low CL cards that have not grown and will not. I put my threshold at $3K.

- My Cap One Plat has always been at $1100 with $39 AF since 2008 - always denied CLI or PC

- BBRZMC - $800 since 2008 with $59 AF -- just got CLI from $300 to $800

- Zync

- USAA Basic Plat and will not grow past $1000 wuth a $35 AF. No PC possibility I was told since its their basic card. I got it while rebuilding

My Target Card is fairly new and is at $500, so I will see where this one goes

All of these cards have AF's but low limits. I wont lose the AAoA factor at least since they will still report.

That means losing $2900 in CL that i can afford to lose. This way it wouldnt look like I have too many cards open.

Message 37 of 44
Ron1
Super Contributor

Don't close all of them at the same time. You might need some of them to get new cards.

Ron.

Message 38 of 44
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I want to close my low CL cards that have not grown and will not. I put my threshold at $3K.

- My Cap One Plat has always been at $1100 with $39 AF since 2008 - always denied CLI or PC

- BBRZMC - $800 since 2008 with $59 AF -- just got CLI from $300 to $800

- Zync

- USAA Basic Plat and will not grow past $1000 wuth a $35 AF. No PC possibility I was told since its their basic card. I got it while rebuilding

My Target Card is fairly new and is at $500, so I will see where this one goes

All of these cards have AF's but low limits. I wont lose the AAoA factor at least since they will still report.

That means losing $2900 in CL that i can afford to lose. This way it wouldnt look like I have too many cards open.

Keep the Target in my mind but let the others go.....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 39 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Don't close all of them at the same time. You might need some of them to get new cards.

Ron.

You're right, these are my oldest cards too. Maybe I should close the BBRZMC first

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.