cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm kinda in love with Capital One right now!!

tag
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

I'm kinda in love with Capital One right now!!

First of, I'm rebuilding my credit from stupid mistakes as a kid. I've had a secured card with them for about 6 months now. About 3-4 weeks ago I was approved for a Journey card and QuicksilverOne card.  With low limits Journey was $500 and QS1 $300.  I asked for a CLI when I first got them. They only increased my Journey by $100 but nothing for the QS1.  I read alot of ppl getting success through facebook.  So I chatted with them last thursday and someone gave me a call, they couldnt do any increases cause theyre both new accounts.  I asked if i could PC any of them to a travel card, so they said we'll call you back to see what they can do.  Today some nice lady called me and said "Were able to convert your Journey to a VentureOne Visa Platinum card!!" I'm so stoked since you need excellent credit for that and I'm nowhere near excellent credit.  I asked if i can still get the sign up bonus but she said she cant since its a product change and not a new account. But said she was gonna give me 5000 courtesy miles!! I'll take it.  Hopefully I can ask someone else to give me the bonus miles plus a credit limit increase since can't really do anything with a $600 limit.  Thanks to this forum I never thought I'd be able to get credit again but reading everyones stories gave me confidence again!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm kinda in love with Capital One right now!!

WTG!!  It only gets better from now on, enjoy your new Venture card!!   I thought Venture cards had two versions: average credit & excellent credit..?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 11
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

WTG!!  It only gets better from now on, enjoy your new Venture card!!   I thought Venture cards had two versions: average credit & excellent credit..?

Thanks!! Not sure.. From the website it says you need Excellent credit for Both Ventures. But I could be wrong. I didnt even know they offered Platinum versions

Message 3 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your success Smiley Happy

With a $500 CL Cap-1 card when I was first starting out rebuilding I pushed thru 2500-3000/month just make multiple payments each month.

Message 4 of 11
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Congrats to your success Smiley Happy

With a $500 CL Cap-1 card when I was first starting out rebuilding I pushed thru 2500-3000/month just make multiple payments each month.

Yeah I was planning making it my go to card for now. Hopefully my transactions allows me to get a CLI sooner than later

Message 5 of 11
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

The Venture One earns 1.25 miles per dollar spent, as opposed to the Venture, which earns 2. However, it does not have an annual fee, which the normal Venture Card does.

Congrats by the way, that is really awesome to see!

Message 6 of 11
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

First of, I'm rebuilding my credit from stupid mistakes as a kid. I've had a secured card with them for about 6 months now. About 3-4 weeks ago I was approved for a Journey card and QuicksilverOne card.  With low limits Journey was $500 and QS1 $300.  I asked for a CLI when I first got them. They only increased my Journey by $100 but nothing for the QS1.  I read alot of ppl getting success through facebook.  So I chatted with them last thursday and someone gave me a call, they couldnt do any increases cause theyre both new accounts.  I asked if i could PC any of them to a travel card, so they said we'll call you back to see what they can do.  Today some nice lady called me and said "Were able to convert your Journey to a VentureOne Visa Platinum card!!" I'm so stoked since you need excellent credit for that and I'm nowhere near excellent credit.  I asked if i can still get the sign up bonus but she said she cant since its a product change and not a new account. But said she was gonna give me 5000 courtesy miles!! I'll take it.  Hopefully I can ask someone else to give me the bonus miles plus a credit limit increase since can't really do anything with a $600 limit.  Thanks to this forum I never thought I'd be able to get credit again but reading everyones stories gave me confidence again!

Did the lady tell you that she had to check to see if you had any offers before doing the product change? I have two QuickSilver cards and would like to at least get one of them changed to a Venture One

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 7 of 11
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AwwwYeee wrote:

Did the lady tell you that she had to check to see if you had any offers before doing the product change? I have two QuickSilver cards and would like to at least get one of them changed to a Venture One

I literally just go approved for the journey on Feb 19 2014. She said I had no offers since it was a new card. But she said she'll see what she can do. I didn't think they'd pull through since they were right it was a new card. So I was super surprised it went through. They got me excited cause at first they said it was gonna be a VISA Signature haha but they called back saying they made a mistake and its just a VISA Platinum. Darn haha

Message 8 of 11
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

@AwwwYeee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AwwwYeee wrote:

I literally just go approved for the journey on Feb 19 2014. She said I had no offers since it was a new card. But she said she'll see what she can do. I didn't think they'd pull through since they were right it was a new card. So I was super surprised it went through. They got me excited cause at first they said it was gonna be a VISA Signature haha but they called back saying they made a mistake and its just a VISA Platinum. Darn haha

I just spoke with someone from the EO office and she said that I couldn't do a product change. I just sent a message via Facebook. Hopefully I can get someone who is nice like yours and he or she will do a pc. Plus, I dont want to pay the $59 and $39 dollar annual fee.

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Personal Line of Credit:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 9 of 11
AwwwYeee
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AwwwYeee wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AwwwYeee wrote:

I just spoke with someone from the EO office and she said that I couldn't do a product change. I just sent a message via Facebook. Hopefully I can get someone who is nice like yours and he or she will do a pc. Plus, I dont want to pay the $59 and $39 dollar annual fee.

Good luck! yeah i went the facebook route. When they get back to you give them your number so you can talk about it. I went back and forth on fb for a whole day which I couldve knocked it out in a 5-10 min convo over the phone.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.