Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm letting 2% report instead of 1% this month

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm letting 2% report instead of 1% this month

I'm doing a little test this month to see if it changes my scores any. I always only let 1% report monthly. This month I'm letting 2% report just to see if there's any changes. I'm letting close to $600 report on my navy card with a $10k limit, which is 6% util on that card. Gotta do something to keep me busy and in the garden. I'm coming up on 3 months now gardening(in about 10days). I guess I'll report back with the results, lol!! 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm letting 2% report instead of 1% this month

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm doing a little test this month to see if it changes my scores any. I always only let 1% report monthly. This month I'm letting 2% report just to see if there's any changes. I'm letting close to $600 report on my navy card with a $10k limit, which is 6% util on that card. Gotta do something to keep me busy and in the garden. I'm coming up on 3 months now gardening(in about 10days). I guess I'll report back with the results, lol!! 

I don't think it'll make any difference.

Message 2 of 17
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

It won't make a difference.

What will is the number of cards reporting a $0 balance.  I've tested it... I once gained 3 points when I paid off a card that had been reporting a $10 balance.

Letting $1 report doesn't look as good as letting $0 report.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Me either but it's keeping me busy
Message 4 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@TRC_WA wrote:

What will is the number of cards reporting a $0 balance.  I've tested it... I once gained 3 points when I paid off a card that had been reporting a $10 balance.

LOL spot on.. Somehow I let $3 report on a 2nd credit card, being I leave about 100 - 200 on a credit card normally and pay all my others off to 0 balance, somehow $3 reported on another one and it dropped my equifax score by 3 points!  I was actually suprised..  I think this is what you were referring to, if not another interesting thing I noticed.

Message 5 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Me either but it's keeping me busy

...and as we all know, it is certainly a ymmv situation.  By all means, play with it, and see what works best for YOU.

Then, please do share.  I wanna know!  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 17
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

LOL spot on.. Somehow I let $3 report on a 2nd credit card, being I leave about 100 - 200 on a credit card normally and pay all my others off to 0 balance, somehow $3 reported on another one and it dropped my equifax score by 3 points!  I was actually suprised..  I think this is what you were referring to, if not another interesting thing I noticed.

Yep.

Late last year I let 9 cards report a balance... Every month I paid one to $0 till I had 7 of 9 reporting $0.

In 6 of the 7 months I gained 1-3 pts when the card reported $0.  In 2 of the 3 following months when the $0 cards reported a balance I lost 2 points.

INQs too... I had none on my EQ report in over a year till my recent app spree.  Nothing happened when 1st INQ reported... Lost 2 points with the 2nd.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 7 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I ONLY let one card report monthly at 1%, and all others at $0. But this month I'm letting 2% report and a $-5.00 on Walmart . We shall see, I hope it doesn't drop my score to have a balance report on one card, and an overage payment of $-5.00 on another one. Hmmmm, I think fico will view that one as ($0), and not count it .
Message 8 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
I ONLY let one card report monthly at 1%, and all others at $0. But this month I'm letting 2% report and a $-5.00 on Walmart . We shall see, I hope it doesn't drop my score to have a balance report on one card, and an overage payment of $-5.00 on another one. Hmmmm, I think fico will view that one as ($0), and not count it .

Even if it does drop your score, which it SHOULDN'T... You aren't applying for any new credit, so it shouldn't matter.. Right?Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Even if it does drop your score, which it SHOULDN'T... You aren't applying for any new credit, so it shouldn't matter.. Right?Smiley Happy

Best advice ever.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.