Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

letting ALL my cards report this month--RESULTS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm letting ALL my cards report this month--UPDATE

@EW800 wrote:

I may be able to share some " let everything report $0" info in the next couple of weeks as well.  For the past six months or so, I had every card except one (Care Credit) show $0 balance.  I just paid off the Care Creidt as well, so it is going to show $0 as well around 12/2/14.  I will have a couple of weeks of all $0 balances and will then allow another card to report perhaps $25 or so.  I am curious to see how much of a hit I take and PRAY that I do indeed get the points back when the other card reports a balance.  

Isn't it fun playing FICO Roulette!  Smiley Happy

Are you going to purchase your FICO scores in between those two weeks or how are you going to measure the effects?

Message 31 of 58
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

I may be able to share some " let everything report $0" info in the next couple of weeks as well.  For the past six months or so, I had every card except one (Care Credit) show $0 balance.  I just paid off the Care Creidt as well, so it is going to show $0 as well around 12/2/14.  I will have a couple of weeks of all $0 balances and will then allow another card to report perhaps $25 or so.  I am curious to see how much of a hit I take and PRAY that I do indeed get the points back when the other card reports a balance.  

Are you going to purchase your FICO scores in between those two weeks or how are you going to measure the effects?

Word because if left up to the 3 bureau monitoring here from myFICO, the alerts will be all over the place IF he gets any alerts at all! Just saying...

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 32 of 58
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

I am assuming poster already has myFICO 3-Burea Cedit Monitoring and is going to monitor the alerts as they are received to determine impact.  Just like the OP is doing.

Message 33 of 58
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

I subscribe to the 3-Bureau service.  The EQ aspect of this does a pretty good job of reporting.  I have the balance change amount set at anything over $10, therefore I am hoping to get an alert when the one card goes to zero around the 2nd and then again when another card reports a small balance a week or two later.  

With Exp and TU, I will probably not know the impact on my scores.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 34 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

I subscribe to the 3-Bureau service.  The EQ aspect of this does a pretty good job of reporting.  I have the balance change amount set at anything over $10, therefore I am hoping to get an alert when the one card goes to zero around the 2nd and then again when another card reports a small balance a week or two later.  

With Exp and TU, I will probably not know the impact on my scores.  

As someone who HAD this 3B so called FICO "monitoring" "service," I am just glad this experiment isn't of the medical kind because the equivalent diagnostic instruments may or may not be good enough to tell if the patient is getting better or died three days ago...

Message 35 of 58
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As someone who HAD this 3B so called FICO "monitoring" "service," I am just glad this experiment isn't of the medical kind because the equivalent diagnostic instruments may or may not be good enough to tell if the patient is getting better or died three days ago...

My service is working GREAT! That is what I am using to measure my changes.

Alerts are fast and flowing in just fine.

Message 36 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are getting BALANCE CHANGE alerts on your three bureaus?  Since when?  They don't even claim, anymore, to be able to do that.

Message 37 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are getting BALANCE CHANGE alerts on your three bureaus?  Since when?  They don't even claim, anymore, to be able to do that.

They do it. Although I still think the service is crap. I've only had one alert in the last four weeks and it was for a balance decrease on EX 11/13. The same balance decrease was reported to both TU and EQ at the same time yet no alert or score change for those two. Service WAS working great for about three weeks out of the three months thats nearly over, which means I've wasted my money and wont be using this product again

Message 38 of 58
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I gert alerts on all three when balances change--per card on EQ and EX; aggregate on TU.

Alerts.JPG

Mine has been working well for quite some time now. I am very pleased.

Message 39 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They do it. Although I still think the service is crap. I've only had one alert in the last four weeks and it was for a balance decrease on EX 11/13. The same balance decrease was reported to both TU and EQ at the same time yet no alert or score change for those two. Service WAS working great for about three weeks out of the three months thats nearly over, which means I've wasted my money and wont be using this product again

My personal experience with the service, and you can read many others at the subfforum, as you know, is that SOMETIMES i would get a so called "balance alert" and it may say that it changed a score or that it didn't.  In my case, since I was experimenting with large balance changes it should have changed the score EVERY TIME.

A week after that "balance alert," that usually didn't change the score, I got another alert for "new hard inquiry" and I was told my score went up 15 POINTS!

Why would an inquiry increase your score?  Because they were NOW reporting the score change from the inquiry AND the lowered utilization (from the balance change that they said, days earlier, didn't change the score).  So, it's a mess of "monitoring" service, and a flawed tool for experiments, which I love to do.  I hope they can fix it, because the concept is great.

Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.