cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new here...just approved for CareCredit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new here...just approved for CareCredit...

I actually found these forums from doing a google search on CareCredit approval rates, etc. Gave me hope and the bravery to apply myself after seeing others with similar scores be approved. I was approved for $2k, but I am trying to finance some cosmetic surgery (I have some money saved, just not enough), so I will be asking them tomorrow for an increase.

I don't suppose anyone here can tell me if asking to increase by $5k  (total CL of $7k) is likely to happen? Or do I need to postpone my surgery and wait a few months for something like that? Should I have put down the amount I was requesting instead of leaving it blank?

I do have a Ch 7 discharged in 2009, and my credit is listed as 'good' or 'fair', depending on EQ or TU (I have given up on EX because their reporting doesn't seem to be updated like TU and EQ.) My income supports the payments no problem. I would just rather finance it all so I can do as I am seeing here, and 'garden' so that my husband and I can work towards credit scores to be able to finance building our dream home.

Thanks in advance for your input! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm new here...just approved for CareCredit...

Also, when I do call (I will still ask for an increase and take one, even if they don't give me what I want), do they do another credit pull in the 24 hrs?

Message 2 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, when I do call (I will still ask for an increase and take one, even if they don't give me what I want), do they do another credit pull in the 24 hrs?

You can call and talk to them about the CL and tell them what you are needing the limit for... 

I would mention to them any investment accounts, and even ask if it would be possible for your husband to be joint on the account in order to approve you for the higher limit. 

Good luck!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately my husband's is worse than mine. His ex-wife left him with about $80k in credit card debt (and been in collections for 4 years) and he had to short-sell their house with the 2nd mortgage company still trying to collect. He may just file bankruptcy in a couple months, which I believe would help him more.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

any others with advice/input/knowledge?

Message 5 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually found these forums from doing a google search on CareCredit approval rates, etc. Gave me hope and the bravery to apply myself after seeing others with similar scores be approved. I was approved for $2k, but I am trying to finance some cosmetic surgery (I have some money saved, just not enough), so I will be asking them tomorrow for an increase.

I don't suppose anyone here can tell me if asking to increase by $5k  (total CL of $7k) is likely to happen? Or do I need to postpone my surgery and wait a few months for something like that? Should I have put down the amount I was requesting instead of leaving it blank?

I do have a Ch 7 discharged in 2009, and my credit is listed as 'good' or 'fair', depending on EQ or TU (I have given up on EX because their reporting doesn't seem to be updated like TU and EQ.) My income supports the payments no problem. I would just rather finance it all so I can do as I am seeing here, and 'garden' so that my husband and I can work towards credit scores to be able to finance building our dream home.

Thanks in advance for your input! Smiley Happy

Well,  I believe that the best thing you can do would be to call the number listed on your card, or even call the application status line and try to get a real person on the line and ask for the CLI.  The worst that can happen is that they tell you no. 

If they tell you no, then definately you should consider saving up for the surgery. I can't make any type of a judgement because I don't know your situation.... but I couldn't see taking on 7k in medical debt without it being a life threatening emergency.  

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Carecredit is fairly easy in getting increases If you ask right away. Just tell them what you need and you should get it. I was approved for 1200 and called and ask for more and then increased it to 3000 with no problem. Also i did carcare from them and was approved for 2100 and then called them for an increase and they gave me 5000 and there ge too so i would just call and ask, you have nothing to lose.

Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It shouldn't be a HP if you request it on recon the same day.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! Had my surgeon go through their system and I got the $5k increase, so I have the $7k I needed!

I get what you mean by that, Webhopper, however because my husband's credit won't improve any time soon, I am trying to gas mine up for future financing of a construction loan for our dream home. That isn't going to happen for about 3-5 years. I will have this paid off by then, along with a few other things.
Message 9 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase! I have read that it is indeed best to apply or go for an increase at the place where you intend to use Care Credit to pay for services.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.